Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Solutions: 6,122
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Screen Problems with Storm 2 9550 Verizon

dvmarti wrote:

Take the screen saver off and it will work fine. This screen does not work well with a cover on it. Tried it twice and the only way to get it to work was to remove the screen cover.

Agreed

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 2

Same problem here.  No screen cover either.

The problem is worst when the phone is being held flat instead of upright.  Even a 45 degree angle fixes things.  When I do a battery pull either physically or using QuickPull the entire screen is again very responsive. 

It seems as if the lower right piezo goes dead until the phone is reset or held vertically.

I'm hoping this is a software issue since I am past the 1 month point and I would have to send my phone in to get it fixed rather than just exchange at the store.

Visitor
My Device: storm 2
My Carrier: vodafone

Hi. this is my first post and my first blackberry.  I to have had the same problems with my storm 2. this is my third one now in under 2 months all with the same problems that everyone else seems to be encountering. cant seem to end phone calls occasionally, reception is very poor in my house even though my other vodafone phone was fine. bottom half of the screen fails to work more often than not. everything else seems to be great though. just getting a bit fed up off it now. surley their must be a recall or something. think next time when i cant end a phone call ill try smashin it with my hammer. im sure that will work.

does anyone know what blackberry or vodafone intend on doing about this handset? thanks Adrian

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9550

From the gist of the posts on this topic, it seems that most of the problems have to do with the Vodaphone version of the Storm 2.  I wonder if that's a different model than the U.S. version (the 9550) available from Verizon.  I have had no real problems with my 9550.  I upgraded from the 9530 and that was the best move I have made.  The 9530 was cranky by comparison.  It appears to me that most if not all of the problems occuring with the 9530 were resolved with the 9550.   Has anyone else had a similar experience?

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 2

Mine is the 9550, made in Canada :smileysad:

Rockrolex wrote:

From the gist of the posts on this topic, it seems that most of the problems have to do with the Vodaphone version of the Storm 2.  I wonder if that's a different model than the U.S. version (the 9550) available from Verizon.  I have had no real problems with my 9550.  I upgraded from the 9530 and that was the best move I have made.  The 9530 was cranky by comparison.  It appears to me that most if not all of the problems occuring with the 9530 were resolved with the 9550.   Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Yep, two different models (9550 Verizon, 9520 Vodafone).

But the issues are common to both, and yes you are correct that most issues were cleared up with the new Storm2, but some devices still have issues.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: storm 2
My Carrier: storm 2

i have bought it from Malaysia last 2 weeks

screen is not working properly and the connection is very bad

sometime it cant even make a phone call

when call been pick up,it sound like talking under the water,not clear at all

any one have the same problem?

where can i complant and change the new phone set?

lenkong wrote:

i have bought it from Malaysia last 2 weeks

where can i complant and change the new phone set?

Contact your seller. The store to which you paid your money would be the obvious place to start.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

My BB Storm is 1 year old and I have not any issues whatsoever with it....until today.  I was trying to make a call and all of sudden I got a message asking me if I wanted to assign a speed dial # to it, I clicked cancel or no and then boom...nothing.  I have done a battery pull several times and once it started to re-boot and then it appeared to be loaded and back to normal....but then "poof" the screen went grey again.  Any ideas?

My Device: storm2 9520
My Carrier: Maxis

Re: Screen Problems with Storm 2 9520/9550 problem solved!!

Hey all Storm2 user, i expereienced the same problem as I got a Storm2 9520 (unbranded) from UK, and the bottom buttons not working very often. I have solved this problem by loosing the 2 screws underneath the battery cover.

The trick is you have to loosen the left screw a bit more than the right ( the left/right direction is refer to when you open the battery cover and you look at the phone from the back) or vice versa, you have to fine tune it your self.

I have done that 2 days ago, until know my button not locked again.

Enjoy.