Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
Mccool
My Device: Not Specified

Setting up non-work Email problem.

Hope someone can help, i was setting up my new storm using the set-up Wizard, when on the Email set up the only option given was to set up a Work email. No option is showing to set up any other type of email ie: AOL/Yahoo.

Anybody had this problem yet.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Setting up non-work Email problem.

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Are you using the BES setup (corporate phone) or the BIS setup?

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Tom007
My Device: Not Specified

Hi Mccool

you don't say where you are i.e. location but i am presuming from your ealier posts, your in the UK and therfore your storm is on VodaFone. If this is correct then go to vodafone mail set up below see link. Create a New account using your Pin and IME number, you can find these if you goto Menu/options/status

You must enter your IMEI no as it appears in your blackberry. Once you've created your account you will get the option to add up to 10 email addresses, put in the email address and password. if you get a message saying that vodafone can't retreive this address, click i will add settings, then you will need to manually enter your user name, password, email address and pop settings. if you have sucessful done this you will receive a test message from Voda to your blackberry.

Vodafone will then push all your emails from your accounts to your blackberry. This Service is Free as it's in with your contact so don't worry about any charge.

I only know this as this is what i had to do hope it helps

Vodafone Mail setup

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

Personal account setup on the Storm is not an option until the device has been activated on the wireless

network. Here is the procedure to resolve.

Thanks

Please remember to resolve your thread. Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB16424&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Visitor
XATZI
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: Setting up non-work Email problem. enterprise email

hi, i have blackberry 9800 torch and I bought a used car from America.I try to make the enterprise EMAIL and not become anything.γράφω το εμαιλ μου και τον κωδικό μου που έχω και δεν κάνει ενεργοποίηση.I use the internet connection from my home.

Please use plain text.