Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

MadHatChemist
My Device: Storm 9530

Several Problems including inability to update, Java error with Twitter, &c.

I am not able to update my Blackberry.  It is a Storm 9530.  I've tried pulling the battery trick over a dozen times (It has worked previously), and the desktop software will still not recognize when I click on the "apply" button, as if there is not button there.  It has become quite vexing.

Also, I updated the Twitter app and it stopped working.  After installing it, the phone temporarily freezes up when I press on the Twitter button.  After doing the battery trick, I get some Java error when I clicked on the Twitter button.  Is there any way I can install the previous version of the Twitter app, since I no longer have Twitter access on my phone.

Additionally, I've had a similar problem with Opera.  I am still using an old beta version, because the newer ones also gave some Java error and refused to work.

At this point I can't think of anything else other than getting a new phone.  Do the new Blackberries also have the same problems as the older ones???

Retired
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Several Problems including inability to update, Java error with Twitter, &c.

Hi MadHatChemist and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

What version of software do you currently have installed on your BlackBerry Storm 9530? Also, what version of BlackBerry Desktop Software are you currently using?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

MadHatChemist
My Device: Storm 9530

Re: Several Problems including inability to update, Java error with Twitter, &c.

Software version v5.0.0.328