Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Silly question time on installing leaked OS's and your 3rd party apps ...

... I know how to upgrade to a leaked OS.. and I'm hearing nothing but rave reviews on .99 .. but I have a new Storm (they sent me a free replacement this week) with everything all nice and set up with OS .75 and would love to try .99 but don't want to start from scratch with my Opera, LogMaid, Talklock, YouTube apps, and the such .. custom folders, etc..  and I'm forgetting.. if installing a loeaked OS wipes all these if I do a full backup then full restore afterwards?

Thanks for any advice/help

Jeff

Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

Re: Silly question time on installing leaked OS's and your 3rd party apps ...

yes, when you install the newer os, all of your 3rd party apps, contacts, email, setting, ring tones will be backed up and transfered when the update is done

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Silly question time on installing leaked OS's and your 3rd party apps ...

Assuming you use the Desktop Manager of course and assuming you don't wipe the phone first! Smiley Tongue

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!