Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
Stephen
My Device: Not Specified

Stop complaining!

I stood in line to get the Storm, it was obvious from the start that there would be a learning curve, I have always used Palm devices. Once the first software upgrade came out, a lot of issues went away. Being that this is a highly software driven device, I don't see any reason it will not get better and better

Mine works fine and I have tried a lot of software applications on it already. I believe it is a fairly stable product and being such, I am most interested in software, accessoriestips and tricks and software updates

I look at this web site day after day and see a lot of threats of returns and general whining. If you don't like the product, return it but let the rest of us share useful information to improve our user experience.

JSanders
Solutions: 6,028
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Stop complaining!

Nice post Stephen, and a good point.

Likewise, mine is working well.

Users who need help troubleshooting their issues, this is a great place to find what you need. And yes, the noise of those who don't like the device has been loud, but no louder that I have seen than from those who are enjoying it. And neither of those represent the masses who never venture to a Support Forum.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor
krazyrob1

Amen my storm brother! My phone works fine and i just put in os .83 the other day and its even better! People need to remember that with any new - cutting edge device, there is always bugs. The only way to deal with these bugs is for people to test out the new OS's as they come out.

So I agree big time with you, people need to calm down and start dealing with it! The "perfect" iphone has had its issues too! No remembers that!

" if you can't weather a storm, then you shouldn't have one"
New Contributor
slaz13

hated it when I first got it.  It was sooooo slow and made me so mad.  Updated it to .76 was very impressed with the update.  Now running .83 and I honestly love it.  This phone is 1 month has come soooo far I think and It will only get better.  The camera works so much better now!!!!!  I mean wow.  The only thing I want them to do is make it so the screen does not flip around on the home screen and when the phone is locked.  I honestly just do not see the point in flipping on the homescreen it gets annoying.  Other then that they have done a great job with these updates!!!
Trusted Contributor
krazyrob1

exactly, the month is only 1 month old and look at the improvements! I am sure in the next few months, this phone will work flawlessly!
" if you can't weather a storm, then you shouldn't have one"
Contributor
citizen08
My Device: 9530 - OS .148

As with any product you either love it or you hate it. With the Storm there seems to be a middle ground where people are undecided. I was one of them. My 30 day trial period ends tomorrow. A few minor issues remain but I believe this phone will continue to improve with updates. Hopefully the .83 will be out officially soon or some other update.

This is the first forum I have joined regarding BB products and this is my 3rd BB. I agree with the fact that complaining about the product does not resolve issues. If one is so dissatisfied with a product you return it and find an acceptable alternative.

Many posts in this forum are informative and allow for a good exchange of ideas, tips, etc. The whining and complaining offers no value.

If you don't like it... send it back and return to your acceptable alternatives. I too thought stepping back would be a wise choice but have decided that the pro's out weight the con's. Updates will improve the functions of the Storm... if the perception in the market place was this was going to be a perfect product right out of the shoot... guess what - reality check needed. We are all guinea pigs due to our desire to be the first on the block with the Storm... suck it up and accept it or move on.

Let's use the forum for its intended purpose... to help fellow Storm users and share information!!!