Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10 STL100-4

Storm 2 9550 Battery Replacement source

I Googled Blackberry Storm 2 9550 battery and got a ton of  sources. Reviews showed that those for $5 all had problems with counterfeit batteries that would not charge, failed to hold a charge, etc. So I paid twice the amount: $10 at FactoryOutlet.com for what was supposed to be a brand new battery identical to the original...And got the same result. 

When the replacement battery is installed, soon a symbol appears with a battery outline and a big red X over it. Factory Outlet says that means it is incompatible. It will not accept a charge no matter how long it is plugged into AC power via a charger that still works fine on the old battery (which is running out of juice much sooner than it used to....same day with little usage).

Question: has anyone found a reliable on-line source to supply replacments for the original battery D-X1 that is very inexpensive? (I am out of my original 2 yr Verizon contract and will soon be shopping a new phone).

Or is there a setting within the Blackberry that can be changed to accept manufacturer's batteries that mirror the OME battery specs?