Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9500
My Carrier: Personal

Storm 9500: Sync email choice

I've been having some issues with the phone, some of which I can see from the forum have been affecting other users (digitizer, etc). However, in an attempt to fix the non-responsive screen I re-booted the device to factory settings (advice from EE) and restored the data from off the PC. However, it now seems to sync with my gmail account in preference to my Hotmail and as a result has duplicated all of my contacts. Where do I go to in the BB menus to change the setting back to Hotmail for the sync of organiser and mail please?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Storm 9500: Sync email choice

Hi murray3103golf,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Have your contacts also been duplicated in your email account when you login and check from a computer?

This KB article shows how you can make sure wireless contact synchronization for your Windows Live Hotmail account is enabled. "How to enable wireless contact synchronization with BlackBerry Internet Service" http://bbry.lv/LHnqmq  You can change your default Contact list in Options > Advanced Options > Default Services.

Let me know if this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Thanks for this. Slight challenge.... no wireless on the 9500. Yes, the contacts have been duplicated though. Some entries show "synced with gmail" and others say "... Hotmail" account. I cannot find any menu which enables me to choose which account that it should sync with - never used to do this!?
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

"wireless sync" in this context does not mean "use WiFi". It means "sync over the air, without a USB cable". In other word, sync using the SIM card and the cellular network.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Ah - thanks - you get so used to thinking "wifi" when you see wireless that you forget the SIM version. Will give it a go.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

remember that the correct spelling is Wi-Fi, just like Hi-Fi in the past.

Hi-Fi = high fidelity
Wi-Fi = wireless fidelity (not-so-good play-on-word).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: