Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
alegreko
My Device: Storm 9520

Storm 9520 in reboot loop

I've got a blackberry Storm 9520 from my friend. It does not power on normally. It's stuck in a loop of reboots with ed light blinking. I have tried to reinstall device's OS many times with Loader, but it always stucks at "Reconnecting to JVM" after I plug in the cell, because it starts rebooting all over again.

Is there something I can do to make it stop rebooting all the time.

PS I even bought a new cell, in case the old one is dead - nothing helped - it's still rebooting.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
iansantos
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2

Re: Storm 9520 in reboot loop

alegreko wrote:

I've got a blackberry Storm 9520 from my friend. It does not power on normally. It's stuck in a loop of reboots with ed light blinking. I have tried to reinstall device's OS many times with Loader, but it always stucks at "Reconnecting to JVM" after I plug in the cell, because it starts rebooting all over again.

Is there something I can do to make it stop rebooting all the time.

PS I even bought a new cell, in case the old one is dead - nothing helped - it's still rebooting.

Hi alegreko,

Reload your OS by reading this article.

How to update BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows

Goodluck!

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alegreko

I have tried that solution, but the device still fails to update the OS and gets an error while 'Reconnecting to JVM' stage. It starts rebooting itself in a loop.

What else can I try?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alegreko

Anyone? I can't believe there's no solution to such issue. It's totally software-related and should be solved easily if the way is known.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
iansantos

Follow this steps using JL_Cmder.

1) Download JL_Cmder, unzip & install to the computer.

2) Now, go ahead and sync all of your info or back it up. If you DO NOT, you will lose it ALL, obviously because we are wiping the device.

3) If you do not have the latest version of the Desktop Manager, download it from HERE
Also, make sure, that you have the OS you are wanting to install to the device, installed to your computer as well. 

4) Make sure the Vendor XML file is deleted if you are going to install a OS that is not from your carrier. The vendor XML file can be located by going toC:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Apploader

5) Make sure the DM is closed and plug in BB to computer via USB 

6) Go to the JL_Cmder on your computer and double click it to start. Now, this may take a few tries to connect, so keep trying until it does.

7) On the first screen, Press any key to continue.

8) Now, if your device uses a password, enter it now. If not, press "N" 

9) Press 4 to initiate the WIPE 

10) Press "Y" to continue 

11) Now type "blackberry" to continue 

12) Now you will see a white screen with a '507' Error Don't worry, this is what you want! You are now ready to install the OS.

13) Open the DM

14) Select Apploader and step your way to the finish. After the OS is installed, it will take anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes to reboot the device. DO NOT UNPLUG THE DEVICE UNTIL THE APPLOADER SCREEN SAYS "THE LOADING OPERATION WAS SUCCESSFUL!!

15) Almost done. Now, with the DM still open go to the Main page and Select "Backup & Restore" and restore from the backup that was made before wiping.

That's it! You have now wiped your device with JL_Cmder
Make sure you follow the instructions, and you shouldn't have a problem. I hope this helps.

Good luck!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alegreko

Jl_cmdr doesn't seem to see my device, can't connect to it. BB keeps rebooting, so no chances for the programm to catch the phone. However, DM and Loader see the device without problems and even detect it's PIN No. And (!) BB even stops rebooting itself when connected to DM. But setup process always fails at RECONNECT TO JVM stage as the phone resumes it's reboot cycles.

Tried to restore via DM under Mac OS Lion - the same result: can't reconnect to device in the middle of setup process.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alegreko

Anybody? There must be a way to bypass ...connecting to JVM error!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
iansantos

Reset your BlackBerry to factory settings. Read this article.

How to reset the BlackBerry smartphone to factory defaults

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bogolla83
My Device: 9520

did u ever get a solution to this problem?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alegreko

No, I didn't. Sold the device and got myself a new Curve
Please use plain text.