Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

Storm 9530 Locked up with jum error 545

After locking up it went to the verizon store and they could not get the phone to work even talking with their BB rep. Once on their support site at verizon it would not accept my passcode, and had to enter correct password until it lock me out at their request. Now it is asking for software down load and they were uable to do so.

Considering going to the iphone since not getting anywhere with either verizon or blackberry support.  The phone is insured.

Solutions: 6,233
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Re: Storm 9530 Locked up with jum error 545

Dave, what was your experience with "blackberry support"?

You only cited your experience with Verizon, this far.

As a note, if Verizon cannot resolve your issue, they 'should' escalate your issue to RIM level tier two technical support. Did they?

Also, could you please not be snoddy with the iPhone comments? This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. This would be like your being a guest in a friend's home and first off whining about the food and telling the host their wife is ugly. Would you really do that, too?

So, if you have a question, there are some VERY knowledgeable users here who can assist you. But you haven't yet asked a question.

To start you off... Article ID: KB12077 "JVM error 545" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone

>> Learn more about the Priv by BlackBerry

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

Re: Storm 9530 Locked up with jum error 545

Let me say I have been happy with my storm to this point 3 years.  Is there a phone number for BB support, I basically know nothing about BB support options and the verizon rep suggested getting a new iphone which did not make very happy.  So it looks like I need to go back to the store of purchase and have them replace it under the insurance.

As a result of the support attempts with the verizon rep and their contact at BB support the phone has a icon and a note below that says " reload software: 513". I'm would love some knowledgeable expert advise to rectify the problem. I'm not that adept at navigating around from one link to another hoping to find the correct solution. So I'm looking for the expert to cut to the chase.

Thanks for the quick reply, no disrespect in my first posting, I have been without use of my phone since last Wednesday and a bit frustrated.

Thanks again,