Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Visitor
rbbaravkar
My Device: STORM 9530
My Carrier: IDEA

Storm 9530 black screen problem

I was hoping someone could help me. I have a Storm 9530. And recently the screen would go blank. The phone is still on. But nothing on the screen. If I pull the battery, then replace it. It boots up fine. The screen is working no problem. Then about 30 seconds later. It goes blank again. Any ideas (other than buying a new phone)? Also. If I reboot with the battery, the screen goes blank in 30 seconds. Is issue of LCD screen?
Please give solution for the same........

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Storm 9530 black screen problem

Hello rbbaravkar

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Apart from considering it as a hardware issue , first you should try two things.

First try it with another good BlackBerry Battery to see if the problem is because of weak battery if it is then replacing the battery with a new one may fix your problem , secondly to rule out any software issue you can try to reload your device OS , refer to this KB for help :

KB03621 : How to Reload BlackBerry Device Software and application using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.