Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Visitor
calund
My Device: storm 9530
My Carrier: verizon
Accepted Solution

Storm 9530 problem. Shutting Down on full battery

Hi, I have a storm 9530 which has worked alright for me for a little over a year now. Then one day my phone started shutting down on me in the middle of any kind of use. To be more specific if I am on the phone making a call, I can go no longer than 10-20 minutes before my phone shuts down on me on a full battery! It will be at 100% then when I start to do things like make a phone call, or do some texting for 10-20 minutes none stop, use an app of any sort for more than 10 minutes, basically any kind of extended  use and my phone will shut down on me. Then it will start to reboot and sometimes it will turn back on but then will have only 20% battery or other times it can't even start back up until a battery pull and being plugged into a charger. Now I have my phone almost always on a charger whenever I need to use it and it is getting really annoying having it shut down all the time. The phone does get hot at times when running these apps, music, phone call etc...What is going on here?? Has my phone gone bad? Do I just need a new battery? I am running the v5.0.0.328 (platform 4.2.0.128). Please HELP!!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Storm 9530 problem. Shutting Down on full battery

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

All of the diagnoses you have mentioned are possible. But, further testing is needed to determine which is correct. I suggest you find a known-good battery -- preferably one from a friend with the exact model BB you have who is not presenting these symptoms. Trade batteries. If the behavior follows the battery, then the battery is the cause and you should obtain a new one. If the behavior remains with you, then your BB is the cause...but what part of the BB is yet to be determined.

To find out what part of the BB is the cause, there are several possible diagnostic processes you can go through. Specifically, you need to isolate if the problem is hardware or software (e.g., 3rd party app conflicts). The cleanest way to determine that is to completely replace your device OS with a new fresh copy and leave all add-ons off. Then start putting add-ons back, leaving adequate time for usage between each add-on install. Once the behavior returns, you then know your culprit.

Hope that helps!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kangel1
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: zain

Having similar problems but the post has helped me a lot. Thanx!
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

You are most welcome...enjoy!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.