If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
Antiquated
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

Storm 9530

I recently purchased a Storm 9530 with OS 5.0.xxxxxx up to date with BB software. I am having problems scrolling through menus 98% of the time it just doesn't work and sometimes the screen sticks onto a certain "button" i.e. if I'm using the phone function and I am dialing a number sometimes it will stick on one of those numbers no matter where I am pressing, any idea on what could be causing this? I'm looking at a new LCD + Digitizer, would this solve the problem? Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,875
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Re: Storm 9530

Let me ask, if you reboot the Storm (powered on, battery pull, replace, reboot) and give it 10 minutes after the reboot, try to replicate the issue, does it still exist?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Antiquated

[ Edited ]

I have not given it about 10 minutes after the reboot to be hones twith you, but I have done a battery pull about 4-5 times, the scrolling is very finicky sometimes when i press extremely hard itll work but not even remotely close to how it should theres about a .5 sec delay on the scroll if it chooses to do it. I am still at work atm and do not have the phone on me but I have tried all of those methods aside from a full 10 minutes. Thank you for taking the time in assisting me.

Quick edit: the "button sticking" does not occur that often, I've had the phone in my possession for about two days now and it has happened twice, the rebooting is a temporary fix to this problem.

Another edit: scrolling sensitivity is on 6(high) and delays are set at 100 hover and the other option I forget what it's called off hand.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Ok, let me know.

Also, remember, if that 9530 was a used device, it could be four or more years old.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Antiquated

Waiting 10 minutes has not solved the problem scrolling is still an issue.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

OK then you might very well have hardware/screen/digitizer issues.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Antiquated

Alright thank you, I will keep you updated if I return the phone or replace the screen to see if that was the issue. Should be within a week.

Please use plain text.