Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
Fishman
My Device: Not Specified

Storm Battery Not Charging

I received my Storm last Friday and charged it overnight and used it Saturday.  This Sunday morning it was dead, I assume due to all the use it was getting being set up, but when I plugged in the wall charger, the battery charging idiciator does not display.  I cannot recall if the phone displayed a battery charging idicator during the initial charge.  I have tried different outlets with no luck.  Phone appears dead.  Suggestions/Help appreciated.  Bill
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,950
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Storm Battery Not Charging

Do you have a different cable you can try?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Fishman

Thank you for replying.  Yes, I tried the car adapter.  I just now removed the batter and reinstalled it and the phone is now charging.  It is now displaying "low battery".  Possibly the battery was so low it needed to be reset...?  Bill

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Good.

Leave the device to charge 2-3 hours, and then, still connected to the USB cable, remove the the battery from the device a few seconds and reinsert it. If it boots--leave it to charge to 100% (check Options > Status for the percentage).

Here are some good charging tips, please read and you'll see that many of them could be helpful to you.
http://www.blackberrynews.com/2008/05/20/battery-use-tips-for-your-maximum-battery-life/

Make certain your USB cable is connected to one of the PC's main rear USB ports. Not a USB hub, nor a monitor USB port, nor a USB port on the front of the PC.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Fishman

Thanks for the tip and link.  I would appreciate clarification about removing and reinstalling the battery while connected to the USB.  I have not connected the Blackberry to my PC yet, just charging via the wall outlet.  Should I remove and reinstall the battery while the BB is charging to the wall outlet, or should I unplug the outlet from the wall and leave the mini USB end plugged in, or am I to hook the BB up to my PC and perform the procedure? Bill
Please use plain text.
JSanders

You can remove and reinsert the battery while charging to the wall outlet, reboot the device, and then allow it to charge to a full 100%.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jasa311

Re: Storm Battery Charging

Can anyone tell me if there is a length of time the Storm must be charged for before I can remove the AC adaptor from the wall? I overheard that the Storm needs at least 4 hours of, continuous, non-interrupted charge. Is this true?
Please use plain text.
Visitor
riverdrift

Hi everybody

I bought a bew Blackberry 9500 two weeks ago, it works fine but last night I put in charging and it shows in the screen that it's getting charged but in fact it's not.

now the battery is dry, if I keep it connect to Power either via USB or adapter it's just on and woking but the moment I disconnect the power it goes off.

I tried all the way like restarting the device, removing and puting the battery again but no luck

someone please suggest

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Windos1953
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

I have a Car Charger Adaptor It worked Great till one Day i Had Mt Storm Plugged in for a good Hour But it Never Fully Charged. WHY?
Please use plain text.