Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Visitor
Crypto Willy
My Device: Storm

Storm Camera would not zoom

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but while trying to take some pictures today with my Storm the volume control buttons would not allow the camera to zoom in or out.

If I tried playing the sample video, I could use the volume controls to change the audio volume so I knew the buttons were operating.

On a hunch, I tried removing the battery.  Presto, after rebooting the Storm the volume control buttons could be used to zoom the camera in and out.

CW

Super Contributor
jrdante
My Device: Blackberry 9530

Re: Storm Camera would not zoom

While in camera mode, you can also swipe your finger on the screen to zoom in and out.  Hope this helps....

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
Mdmdc
My Device: Not Specified

I have the same problem.  It initially worked but then something happened and camera froze.  After rebooting, the volume controls didn't work for the zoom anymore.  I've rebooted several times and it still doesn't work.  Is there another way to get this back working as it is more convenient than swiping the screen to zoom in and out.
fishpool

Anyone find a solution to this? My camera start ignoring the volume control settings as well.

Visitor
weepodge

My Storm 9530 camera zooms OK using the volume keys, but not when using the finger swipe. Is there a setting that allows both methods?

Thanks.  :smileyhappy: