Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
AnthonyHolic
My Device: Not Specified

Storm/Microsoft Outlook E-mail

I hate to double post, but along with my Facebook application problem, I have a major E-mail dilemma on my Storm. I use Microsoft Outlook for my email and my server is sbcglobal.net. I bought the Storm the VERY first day it came out and I really haven't gotten the e-mail right to this point. I get the e-mails on my regular Miscrosoft program on my computer with no problems. However, now none of the E-mails are coming onto my BB storm. I can send an e-mail from the BB but I never receive any. Any ideas? I see things about a BlackBerry Desktop Manager to sync things with Outlook. Is this what I need? And if so, what exactly do I need to download? HELP!
Anth
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Storm/Microsoft Outlook E-mail

Try uninstalling the mail account from the device and install it again.

The desktop manager not manage mails 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Also try adding the account via the BIS website (from a PC) rather than directly on the Storm. If you are VZW, it's at https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw. You might have to first create the BIS ID and password via the Storm, but then you can log in from a PC to create the BIS account for your email.

Also check your desktop configuration -- if it is removing emails from the server, then getting them onto the Storm could be a matter of timing...if your desktop removes them from the server before BIS pulls them, there would be nothing for BIS to pull.

DM will simply sync whenever you tether...if you can get wireless sync to work, then DM isn't necessary for that.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
dbc0919

Not sure if this will help, but I had a similar problem and this is what a Blackberry Tech and I came up with.  My outlook was set up to remove e-mails from the server after downloading to outlook.  As a result, if the mail was downloaded before being picked up by the BIS, it didn't make it to my phone.  Similarly, my Storm was set to reconcile e-mails and if there was a conflict between the mailbox and the handheld, it was set to "Mailbox wins."  Therefore, when reconciling, if an e-mail had made it to both my phone and Outlook it was gone from the server.  The storm assumed I had deleted it from the server and then deleted it from my phone to "reconcile" the phone with the mailbox.

To repair, go to tools in outlook, e-mail accounts, view or change existing e-mail accounts, change, more settings and advanced.  Check the box that says "Leave a copy of messages on the server."   Now, the message will remain on your server until Blackberry picks it up.

Also, I set mine to "remove from server after 1 day," so as not to fill up my server mailbox.  Then I changed the setting on the Storm in E-mail Reconciliation, under conflicts to "handheld wins" so the e-mails won't be deleted after it is cleared from the server.

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AnthonyHolic

Thanks for all the help folks! I hope iot works :smileyhappy:
Anth
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi Anthonyholic,

I would add one very important step after deleting and recreating the account.

Make sure you reregister the device and send service books.

Go to options advanced options, Host Routing Tables, click to enter. DO NOT click on any listing.
Press menu key, and select register now.
You will get a verification email. Then go to email settings and send service books.
You will get an email per account. Try the email.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.