Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Visitor
ilesher
My Device: Not Specified

Storm Outlook Exchange Integration?

My Verizon Palm Treo 700w integrates email, contacts, calendar and notes seamlessly with my small company's MS Exchange server - Outlook 2007 - using free software that I installed on my office desktop pc without needing server software or any involvement from my IT department. Is there a comparable Blackberry solution available at low or no cost, as I am the only current smartphone company user?

Forums Veteran I
BBsingh
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: Storm Outlook Exchange Integration?

[ Edited ]

yes, BlackBerry Professional SOftware is free for one user

http://www.blackberry.com/select/professional/express.shtml

Message Edited by BBsingh on 11-05-2008 08:44 PM
Message Edited by BBsingh on 11-05-2008 08:44 PM
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
jjgilligan

I am also considering upgrading a Palm Treo 700wx to a Blackberry Storm. When I looked at this link, it still seems like you needed to get your company IT department involved to install some server side software. My company will not do this.

So what I need to verify is whether I can receive my Outlook Exchange email in real time without my having to manually issue a "receive email" like command. I can deal without having my Calendar updated.

Thanks

Jim

Forums Veteran I
BBsingh

you dont habe to issue any command. The BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) model works at 15 minuts cycle,so your mail can be delayed upton 15 minutes before hitting BB (anywhere from 1 to 15 minutes)
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
jjgilligan

Thanks. I can live with a 15 min delay. And just to be sure, I can do this "natively" with the phone; that is, I don't need any server side software in order to receive email from Outlook Exchange.
Forums Veteran I
BBsingh

yes, you dont need anything other than BB with data plan. Here is how you cna set it up.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB15499&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

New Contributor
jf2go

I am also looking at the Storm for my company.  We are a small company and 5 or 6 of us have Motorola Q Windows Mobile phones on Verizon.  I have setup a small PC running Verizon Wireless Sync to sync our Email, Contacts and Calendars with our Exchange server.  I see from this thread how to setup email syncing with Exchange, but can Contacts and Calendar be sync'd with the Storm without any additional software?  I looked through the site, and have read about Blackberry Enterprise Server, but that seems a bit extreme for a 12 person company.  Is there a "lite" version, or something else, as all we really need is real-time Email, Calendar and Contact sync?
New Contributor
chriskeeble

We have BlackBerry Enterprise Server set up in our own company with only 3 BlackBerry handsets being used (we started with just 1!) and now have installed for some of our clients too. It is definitely worth it, and not difficult to install or configure.

There are a few hurdles to overcome along the way, but it really is worth it. It's far more reliable and easier to maintain than ActiveSync / OMA etc. - particularly when handsets are replaced etc.

There are plenty of guides available on the Internet on how to set up on (e.g.) Windows 2003 Server.  You will need a separate user account (we always use "BESAdmin" as the user name) for the BlackBerry services to run under, and will need to always log in as this user to manage handsets etc.

Invest the time - you won't regret it once up and running.