Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
bruceg7215
My Device: Not Specified

Storm Screen Issues

I have had my Storm for all of 3 days now.  I've enjoyed it with one exception.  It seems every time I try the camera or video recorder I have sever issues with the screen.  The first time the screen started just started displaying all kinds of weird symbols.  When it had finished going crazy the screen was arbitrarily split and the icons didn't work properly (i.e.. I'd push the browser icon and it would launch the navigation application.  I could do nothing to correct the problem so I eventually pulled the battery and rebooted which seemed to correct the problem.  Not having learned my lesson, I was playing with the camera application again yesterday.  Everything was working as it should when the screen locked up on me again.  I was stuck on the camera icon.  I couldn't move to another application, lock the screen, shut down the Blackberry--nothing.  I was again left with no solution other than to pull the battery again and reboot. Everything seems to be working fine again.  Is anyone else having these sorts of problems or am I just lucky enough to be the only one experiencing these problems.

Thanks.

Contributor
phatasswj

Re: Storm Screen Issues

Yep, same here!  I think we ALL have these issues...
X12, referring to the BB Storm: "If they dont fix this POS OS soon they are going to see a STORM of returns."

Former Storm owner, happily reverted to my Curve.
New Contributor
tedro

Bruce you are not alone... RIM and Verizon have released a phone that is not ready for prime time at the moment.  I hope they fix the issues quickly because this sucks.
New Contributor
bruceg7215

More Storm Issues

New Problem--when I powered up my Storm this morning several Icons were missing.  My two personal email icons were missing along with the browser.  There may be more since I don't have a list of what was there last night, but these are pretty significant.  I tried pulling the battery and rebooting to no avail.  Between this and my screen locking problems I'm getting close to returning this device and getting something without all these problems.

jsaller

Hey - you're not alone!  I had this same problem today except I don't know what key sequence I hit to cause it.  I pulled the battery like you suggested and the screen is fine now.  Thanks for your help!
Shizuku

This has happened twice while using my storm as a modem.  I've also had problems recording video, but it's different than what you're experiencing.  I would try to use the video recorder and I would be booted out of the utility.  Anyway, the screen thing is quite annoying.  No solutions?

paultuma

I have had my BB Storm just for 4 days and the screen locked this afternoon. After a few minutes, the screen changed into multi-colors of gray. I had to remove the battery and reinstall before the phone rebooted. I will have to return it before the thirty-day return period if there is no solution to this problem.
Visitor
rawcaliflower

You are not alone.  I have also experienced the mulitcolored grey screen lockup. Only to be solved by taking the battery out for a few minutes.  If this only occured once in a while, ok, however my screen is freezing almost every day.  I was told by my service provider that I have been the only one with this complaint.  I now see that I am not alone. Since the new software upgrade did notsolve the problem, Im afraid the only solution is to return the device.
New Contributor
ATL_Crackberry

I'm having the same problems and only had this phone for a few days the screen goes dim and it wont come back on after pushing the screen like a madman when typing the keyboard distorts and freezes the whole phone even after I pull the battery i have to press the screen crazily for a picture to show up it just started doing this is there some kind of fix for this or can i take it to a verizon take or should I just revert back to my curve