Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
shveckle
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Storm Wish List, Podcasts

Another thing on my wish list is to have audio play where it was left off, either as an option choice, or have a new section called podcasts which automatically is set for audio to play where it was left off.
New Contributor
shveckle

Re: Storm Wish List

My full wish list so far.  Does anyone official read this?  There is no place on this website to leave feedback except these forums.  I wonder if they are read through though.

Here it is:  

1. in the phone app mode, it should just stayin portrait mode only.

also in the phone app, when the phone keypad is up, it shouldwork like other cell phones that only have keypads, where the letters on thekeypad call up your contacts too.

2. The button on the top left that locks the screen should, like it does onall the other blackberry's, render the screen black and nothing should turn onthe screen except unlocking the screen with the top button, or receiving aphone call, when it rings it will light up with caller ID. As it is now on theStorm, even when the screen is locked, if you click the screen, it lights up,and that waists battery energy when you accidently push it in your purse orputting it in and out of your purse.

3. Podcasts, there should either be a new section in the multimedia calledPodcasts or some name, where one can listen to radio shows or podcastsdownloads and it is automatically set up to start where it was left off whenlistening to an mp3.

If not a whole new section, then somehow havean option on each mp3 to click that will have it start where you left off.

4. the Click typing. Have the option to turn the click off for typing, at least for that.Typing with the click can never be as fast as a full push keyboard or just taptyping because with the one screen click that the storm has, to type the secondletter it has to wait for the upstroke of the first.  On most regular keyboards and cell phone push pad keyboards,all that is important is the initial push down, so you can type the secondletter before you do the upstroke of the first letter.  This is also true of tap touch screens.  And for this reason the storm clickscreen can never be as fast as either. So it would be best to have the option to turn off the click screen fortyping so it can be just a tap keyboard. I like the clicking for other things though, like when using the menus.

JeremyG

Hello all... just upgraded to the Storm from a Curve and on my wish list (I apologize if this has been posted) would be...

Quicker switch from the landscape and portrait mode. It takes too long.

The ability to use the keypad without having to click, the clicking gimmick really didn't attrack mean, it's supposed to be a touch screen, not push screen.

Blackberry Mesenger status messages, there is a limit to how much you can type and it's way shorter than a curve... I love putting quotes as away messages and with this one I can barely fit a sentence.

I updated today some wireless software and now I cannot see my buddies status messages on BB messenger. bring it back!

txt messages are limited to the amount of characters you can type, again fewer than on my curve.

general lagging... to switch to camera mode takes a nice minute and I have taken out the battery to do a hard reset and blah all tech support says and nothing... it's not the phone but the program o/s w/e.

more applications... seriously I'm still not too keen on it and might go back to my curve because... I thought it would be more.

Contributor
Estarno
My Device: Bold 9930

Okay, I hate to say it on these forums, but overall- just make it more like the iPhone. It simply isn't as slick in every aspect right now :smileyindifferent:I like apple and Blackberry, so i'm not biased.I haven't even tried many features on mine yet. It really sounds like I want an iphone, and the truth is that I probably do, but i'm stuck on Verizon, and the Storm is not bad, but it needs work.

More specifically:

1. Obviously improve speed performance

2. Accelorameter needs work (often gets stuck so I have to 'shake' it or put it in the right position hard)

3. Little helpful buttons such as 'Next', 'Back','.com' etc. like the iPhone has really help.

4. The internet browsing is simply not as good as the iPhone, if it could be the same, it would be awesome. It also is a little slow for a 3g device.

5. Pinching the screen to zoom would be cool.

6. Better screen protectors, the ones from Verizon are really hard ot get right, and if their is a microscopic piece of dust it will ruin the whole thing.

7. Some kind of iTunes application?

8. The camera was really slow.

9. If I'm reading a sms message from someone and I press the call button, it would be nice to have it automatically call the person.

10. Navigating text needs to be improved, there is no way to get the cursor to the middle of a sentence to fix a typo etc.

11. The touch screen precision should be better, I have middle sized fingers and I have trouble, especially hitting that 'Send" button, I always accidently hit 'Save Draft' underneath it.

12. The Blackberry Ringtones and sounds should really be updated, boring sounds and ringers.

13. Images in emails don't download, even though I have Download Automatically enabled.

14. For some reason some emails are in bigger text than others, I want to be able to zoom out or have smaller text in emails.

15. Battery life is mediocre.

That's it for now. To be continued...

Forums Advisor III
jeff1974w
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

has anyone upgraded to .83?

fixes alot of stuff!!

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

New Contributor
highwood

I want the letter speed dial back as an option, and a way to use it in the call log. I like being able to hold down a letter and it will dial - 'H' for home etc.

Calling from phone log page is terrible - can't go down address book because of the suretype, also if phone could be available in landscape you could use the full keyboard when wanting to call from contact list