Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: 9530

Storm Won't Save Video

The first couple videos I took with my new Storm couldn't be saved, got an error saying that video format wasn't compatible. So I switched to the MMS format option from "normal" and it worked. Doesn't seem right that normal wouldn't work? Anybody have any idea what's up? Somraj
Love, Somraj
TantraAtTahoe.com
Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

Re: Storm Won't Save Video

i have experienced this issue with other OS, but since running .99, every thing works fine

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

New Contributor

Jeff: If you mean Storm software 4.7.0.99, I'm running 4.7.075 and when I check for updates my device says none available. Somraj
Love, Somraj
TantraAtTahoe.com
Forums Advisor III

there have been many beta leaks since .75, .99 is the most current for vzw.

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

New Contributor

This only helps if I know how to download .99. My Storm says my .75 is current when I do Wireless Upgrade from Advanced Options. Can't do it from my Mac desktop. Any way to get the .99 version? Somraj
Love, Somraj
TantraAtTahoe.com
Forums Advisor III

you'll have to google 4.7.0.99, download and install to computer, then install on storm

New Contributor

I don't have desktop software on a Mac. Isn't that necessary to download and install .99?
Love, Somraj
TantraAtTahoe.com
Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Somraj,

You can save videos just fine with v75, I am doing it.

Since the Storm is designed to do multiple things at once, sometimes, programs don't close even after you stop using them.  You are probably using too much RAM already on your Storm, which is why the camera is unable to record the file.

I suggest you remove the battery and start the Storm off fresh.  Then go to the video camera and try to record and then save the recording.  NOTE, having the camera and the camcorder features 'active' together is something that must be avoided if you want to be able to consistently record videos...

You can try upgrading to v99 if you want... but I personally don't think its worth the hassel.  Especially since a better version will be out in end of March.  If you have nothing but spare time and would like to install V99 then go ahead, but note that you will probably just finish fine tuning your download by the time the official once is released from Verizon.

Best of luck!

NOTE: If I have helped, please give me some Kudos!!! :smileyhappy:

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Somraj wrote:
I don't have desktop software on a Mac. Isn't that necessary to download and install .99?

OS upgrade requires Desktop Manager. Which is only available on Microsoft Windows.
Use Parallels or VMWare or something else, you have to launch a Windows session.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Device: Not Specified

I had the same problem.  Try to hit the menu button when you want to stop recording and select "view videos" the video you just recorded will show up and you should be able to view it.