Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
shauntittle
My Device: Not Specified

Storm and AT&T

I've had my BB for over a year now and am very pleased. However, the fact that I cannot get the storm with AT&T encourages me to get the iphone. BB is a way of life in the wireless world and limiting some of its products to a single carrier puts it in the same class as the common cell phone. Sure I can keep using my Curve but lets be honest, everyone wants the latest technology and most of all, the coolest gadgets. I will definitely be purchasing the iphone in the very near future if I can't get what I want.  Thanks BlackBerry for the past year.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Storm and AT&T

Keep your eyes peeled, there are several new products by mid-year of 09 you might find one on AT&T.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
MMu911

I think the question is...Why isnt AT&T being allowed to sell the Storm??....I too would very much like to own a Storm but not at the expense of switching to Verizon. I love my BB Curve but if AT&T is not going to be allowed to sell the Storm then I too may have to go to the IPhone and I detest macintosh. I guess Verizon has more $$$$$

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cmdshorty

If anything what happened is that Verzion signed a contract to be the first carrier in the US to exclusively sell the Storm for X amount of months.  But if anything, that will only last a few months.  I can guarantee that AT&T will get the Storm sooner than you think.
Please use plain text.
Visitor
Ultrafied

AT&T has exclusive rights with Apple for the iPhone. Does that make the iPhone just another cell phone? I think not. Most articles I have read stated that the Verizon will have the exclusive contract for the Storm indefinitely or until sales quota is not met. Unlike the iPhone deal withh AT&T/Apple, there appears not to be a date (i.e. 5 year for iPhone) associated with the contract.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
trublu01
My Device: 8330 Curve

Since at&t just got the Bold, I really don't see the Storm coming for another year.  However, the economy sucks, so you never know what will happen in the next year.
Please use plain text.
Traci2

I think it is ridiculous that the new Storm is exclusive with Verizon only!!! Cingular (AT&T) has all the Blackberry's for sale, but now the Storm is exclusive to Verizon?!?! I too will but a IPhoneG3 if I am not able to purchase a new storm with AT&T. I've been an AT&T customer since they were Bellsouth (8 years at least), and not able to get an upgrade of what I bought from them!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
normal

Wow! What a bunch of whiners. I'm with Verizon and I can't get the iphone. You don't threaten to drop a phone company because you can't get your toy. Grow up and talk about something important. I think you need to add a video of you with a pouty lip face and stomping your feet. Thanks BlackBerry and Verizon, I'll enjoy the storm.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shauntittle

You're just being mean. If you had adapted you business life ( and personal ) to using Blackberry and couldn't get the latest equipment, you'd be disappointed too. I'm sure if you weren't with Verizon now you'd be one of the "whiners" also.  Apparently you don't understand that the Blackberry is far better equipped for business than the iphone. Maybe you should think next time before posting an idiotic statement like your previous one. This is a support forum, not a critics page. 

Thanks for your comment. 

Please use plain text.
normal

I am a BlackBerry user. I've gone through three of them. Use the Bold when it comes out. Besides this is a BlackBerry SUPPORT forum. Do you need support for your complaint or just attention.
Please use plain text.