Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
snickdog
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530, OS 5.0.0.328

Storm deleting calendar entries

Hi,

I've searched the forum but haven't found an answer for this yet.

The calendar entries are disappearing.  I have Keep Forever checked.  I generally have between 12-20 MB free app space; right now it's at 19.  None of my tasks, emails or SMS/MMS are disappearing, only my calendar entries from previous months. 

I use the Storm's calendar as my client scheduling tool -- I NEED to know when I last saw clients for my quarterly and year end reports.  I use Nice Office as a CRM and backup -- but when I asked them, they looked into the sync and said the delete was coming from the BB itself, not from them. I do not use Outlook, as I don't run on Windows. 

I really need to get this straightened out now -- I switched to the BB specifically for these features.  Does anyone have any ideas what may be going on??

Jo
Blackberry Storm 9530
OS 5.0.0.328 (Verizon)
Please use plain text.
joseph0701
My Device: Storm 9530

Re: Storm deleting calendar entries

I've dealt with this over 4 months and 3 different storms, multiple techs at Verizon and BB. I had recurrent loses of past calendar items, expense accounts, and client billings. For me the thing that seems to have helped last week was uninstalling desktop manager and reinstalling it. It is a longish process, but it worked. At least for now. In the past I have had something work and then the problem return.  I too had "Keep Forever" marked.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
youngms56
My Device: Storm 9530, v. 5.0.0.328
My Carrier: Verizon

I am having the same problem with my Storm.  I use Intellisync software and synch with I-Cal on a Macbook.  Intellinsync looked at their logs and confirmed that the deletes are coming from the Blackberry.  I verified that I have appointments set on "Forever".  I just went to do a synch this morning and my device had deleted all of my appointments from December as well as the first two weeks of January. 

This is a major problem that RIM needs to take care of!  Anyone have any advice on resolution?

Michael Y.

San Jose, CA

Please use plain text.
Contributor
snickdog

Hmmm....

Come to think of it, this only started happening after I installed DM on my computer at work (to do an update), but left it installed.  Maybe once or twice a week I'll hook it up to the 'puter here to charge the battery... Yesterday, I hooked it up to make a backup, and yeah -- there went two more weeks.

I'm uninstalling DM right now.  I'll let y'all know if that solves the issue or if it's a strange coincidence (but, thinking more: my daughter doesn't have this problem, has the same BB I do but has never installed DM as we run Linux at home).  If it does, RIM really needs to take a look at that software...

Thanks for the brain poke!

Jo
Blackberry Storm 9530
OS 5.0.0.328 (Verizon)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
snickdog

I have a question for you -- did you install the Desktop Manager for Mac or use it on another machine with DM installed?

Inquiring minds and all...  <grin>

Jo
Blackberry Storm 9530
OS 5.0.0.328 (Verizon)
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bbuffington
My Device: Storm 9530

Just wanted to add my 2 cents so that when you figure out a solution, I can know about it.  Same thing happened to me - all of the previous month's calendar events GONE.  I am VERY fortunate that I sync just about every day and backup regularly, so I could restore with my MS Outlook calendar, but this has made me paranoid whenever I sync.  I'm a consultant and, like you, I NEED my previous appointments on my calendar!!!

He who does not understand history is doomed to repeat it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
youngms56
My Device: Storm 9530, v. 5.0.0.328
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

I don't believe this is a Desktop Manager issue.  I actually uninstalled Desktop Manager on my Mac when I installed the Missing Synch software from MarkSpace.  I've corresponded with a Support Tech at MarkSpace about this problem and he reviewed my event log and confirmed that the deletes are coming from the Blackberry device itself.  He advised me that this is a known problem with Blackberry that he has dealt with before with other clients.

I am hoping that someone at RIM is reading the posts on this forum and will come forward with a solution or at least confirm that they know they have a problem and are working on it.

I am using a Storm 9530 running OS 5.0.

Michael Y.

San Jose, CA

Please use plain text.
Contributor
snickdog

do you think it may be related to a particular OS version or firmware version?

Jo
Blackberry Storm 9530
OS 5.0.0.328 (Verizon)
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Vernon27
My Device: 9850

I am having the same problem where the BB during a sync will delete past appointments from Outlook desktop. I can sync a backup of the .pst file (before the sync) with a Treo and the Treo does not delete any past appointments unluss I physically delete the appointments. I do not understand why the BB does this.

Perhaps someone can offer a viable solution that actually works. Why would the BB delete past appointments without the user actually deleting the appointments is beyond my intelligence.

Vernon

BB OS: 5.0.326 (tried upgrading to .419 and that was a disaster)

Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP Pro, SP3

Vernon
Please use plain text.
Contributor
JerseyACT
My Device: Not Specified

Hi Jo.

Sorry to hear about your issue, but glad it is happening to peopple outside of my household. I thought it was just us.

I wanted to add my expereince so anyone who might be able to solve this will have more pieces to the puzzle.

I do not think it is a Desktop Manager issue either. Because of the setup of her phone and work laptop, my wife cannot use DM but she still loses her old appointments.

I utilize DM, but not consistently. I have my options set to keep appointments forever and have plenty of room, yet, my past appointments keep disappearing. Here's the weird thing - I don't remember this occuring before the last upgrade ... BUT, again for issues at work, my wife was not able to upgrade her system, so again, it's not that either.

I really hope that someone has an answer for this one!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Blackberry Storm has become a useful business tool, but it doesn't keep my office clean. For that, I turn to an outstanding San Diego janitorial services company.
Please use plain text.