Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

mlp
New Contributor
mlp
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Storm questions: memo pad, Roxio manager

[ Edited ]

can't locate memo pad on the blackberry storm

also computer continutallywants to load roxio manager

can you help me?

mlp

Message Edited by Dave_L on 01-13-2009 11:11 PM
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Storm questions: memo pad, Roxio manager

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Look in the applications folder for the memopad.

Make sure you scroll all the way to the top inside the folder as the first line of icons

is not always where the display starts.

On the Roxio manager question by "continually wants to load" please explain the message you see.

Is it an error message? A request?

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
My Device: Storm RBW71CW

Re: Memo Pad & Tasks are checked in Applications but show up nowhere on my homepage?

I have the newest version of Storm and in spite of looking at and checking to see that all of my Applications settings are as discussed on these posts, I still cannot see (nor get) either the Memo Pad or Tasks icons to appear on my home page.  Everything is checked in Applications.  When I go to my Home Page and go into Menu there are no options indicated to "Show All".  The bottom line is I just cannot "find" nor figure out how to get the icons to appear on my home page.

Any immediate help on this would be truly appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Memo Pad & Tasks are checked in Applications but show up nowhere on my homepage?

neilcshaw wrote:

I have the newest version of Storm and in spite of looking at and checking to see that all of my Applications settings are as discussed on these posts, I still cannot see (nor get) either the Memo Pad or Tasks icons to appear on my home page.  Everything is checked in Applications.  When I go to my Home Page and go into Menu there are no options indicated to "Show All".  The bottom line is I just cannot "find" nor figure out how to get the icons to appear on my home page.

Any immediate help on this would be truly appreciated.

When you are on your homescreen and press the BBKey (twice if you are in portrait), there is no "Show All" on that menu? That is very very odd...I suggest a reboot:

• Anytime random strange behaviors creep in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Further, if you go to

• Options > Advanced Options > Applications

are "MemoPad" and "Tasks" listed?

Best!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor

Thanks for your very timely response.  I did a battery "pull" and it added back all of the applications that were missing.  I thank you for the information.  As an aside, I had downloaded the application called "quickpull" which simulates the actual battery pull.  One would think that it would work as effectively as the actual battery pull, but obviously it didn't.  So, thanks again for the information it worked.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Excellent! I'm glad it worked! You are most welcome.

BTW -- QP is a great app, I have it run every night. But, it still is a batt-pull simulation...nothing can truly conduct a batt-pull reboot except for physically pulling the battery. Sometimes a true one is indeed required.

Cheers!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor

Cheers and thanks again.
Please use plain text.
Visitor
phrankie
My Device: BlackBerry Storm 9530

unfortunately i have done all of the above and yet icaanot find the memo pad and task icons
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

phrankie wrote:
unfortunately i have done all of the above and yet icaanot find the memo pad and task icons

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please be more explicit about exactly what you have already attempted and exactly what you witnessed from each attempt. There are many things posted in this thread and one of them really should have worked out...so please be more explicit.

Thanks!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.