Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Regular Contributor
Publisher
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Storm screen keeps dimming, no matter what

I've only had my Storm 9500 (UK - Vodafone) for a week, but already I'm totally loving it. The only downsides are its poor battery life (which I think might improve with future firmware releases and higher-spec batteries).

But I have a problem that I've not been able to resolve re. the display. Initially I set the screen to auto-dim (to save battery) and it responds fine to the 'after x seconds' command. No problem there.

However, I want to work out a way to keep the clock showing ALL the time (regardless of whether I'm charging the phone or not). But even if I disable the auto-dim feature, it still dims. (And it seems to be following the the time-to-dim setting that's been programmed.)

Am I missing a setting here, or something? I'm sure there must be a way to keep the big clock showing on the facia... but I can't find it!!!

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks.

Nige

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bear1dr
My Device: 9500
My Carrier: verizon

Re: Storm screen keeps dimming, no matter what

[ Edited ]

SUFFER.

it is a known problem with v5.0 and BB know about it and is not doing anything about it.

if you can return it for another brand of phone then do it; if not, then SUFFER, grin and bear it.

--------------------------------------- 

BlackBerry Technical Solution Center

Doc ID: KB19984
BlackBerry Storm 9500 Series smartphones do not 'wake up' from display dimming after upgrading to BlackBerry Device Software version 5.0

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB19984&slic...

Please use plain text.