Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
NotSuperman
My Device: Blackberry Storm

Re: Storm won't turn on?

Did any of the suggestions fix your phone?  We would like to hear an update.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

I have nearly the same problem.

there are different ways. Usually, I get a black screen and a solid red LED that does not blink, for nearly half an hour before the LED turns off.
5hours later, same situation still off.

some other times, I can get the white screen with the battery with the bolt in the middle of the screen.

some other times, I can use the device provided it's connected.

I'll post more details tomorrow.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I
Xandrex

I used the legit RIM wall charger, which was powerful enough to resurrect my battery.
Problem is entirely solved in my case.

http://www.shopblackberry.com/_blackberryaccessories/cgi-bin/pd.cgi?frompage=category&page=product_d...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Developer
jimmy_bucks
My Device: 9550

I have been using my storm since day one and later bought an extra battery and charger for work, I have had no issues with charging but last week I plugged my phone in before I retired I woke up and I had the same issue battery with lightening bolt. That was the first I saw this and also thought the battery must have been junk. I did a few battery pulls and it went away and showed a full battery a week or so later I rebooted the phone with a full charge and when it started up the problem was back,pulled the battery and corrected itself I thought I might have been a temp problem because it was on the dash plugged in for hours using navigation. Not sure if this helps but I know the phone pretty good and this was new to me.

James s Jezierski
cgd001
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]
I have the same, exact problem.  I got this phone less than a week ago.  When I charged it overnight (turned off), I woke up the next day, it would not start!  I took the phone back and got a new one.  Now the new one does the same.  I've been charging it for 18 hours so far, taking the battery in and out, and pressing the red button.  NOTHING!  I still have it charging.  If anyone has an answer to this (even if is to tell me to just keep charging), please let me know.  Right now, I see no end in site and my phone will never turn on again.  I don't want to get a 3rd phone in less than a week!
Message Edited by cgd001 on 07-02-2009 03:28 PM
djargento
My Device: Not Specified

Two nights ago I was at the club djing and I didn't have my charger and let my storm die all the way. I tried to charget but now it won't turn on. I've tried leaving it for hours and all it does is the red light comes on for a little while and then it goes off and that's it. It won't turn on...

Guru I
Xandrex

djargento wrote:

Two nights ago I was at the club djing and I didn't have my charger and let my storm die all the way. I tried to charget but now it won't turn on. I've tried leaving it for hours and all it does is the red light comes on for a little while and then it goes off and that's it. It won't turn on...

what do you charge it with ? I had the problem once, and it was because the USB plug I was using was delivering too few current. I suggest you use the retail BlackBerry wall charger. Please give us some feedback.

Visitor
jocomia
My Device: BB Storm 9500

This just happened to me this morning... I was able to solve it though by holding on the power button until it boots. (Don't let go).