Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Storm wont turn on

My storm will not turn on. i have tried plugging it in the wall charger, pc charger with no luck. When i plug into charger red light comes on for a few seconds then turns off, battery with lightning bolt come onto screen but will not go any farther? I thought blackberrys were the best???Any Suggestions on troubleshooting this problem?
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

Re: Storm wont turn on

Have you tried leaving it plugged in for like 20 minutes?

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Regular Contributor

no i will try that, i just havent had much patience. has this happened to you?
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Usually this happens when the battery totally drained out. Leave it for while in chargingand things will be normal again.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Regular Contributor

thanks for the help guys, i did what BB said about waiting a little bit, when i came back to look the phone was turned back on, its weird though, most phones will atleast turn on when plugged in. thanks again, thought i was gonna have to wait in the mail for another one.
Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

This happened to me last Thursday (1/8) and leave it charge for a while.  It took about 20 minutes worth of charging before the phone came "to life".
New Developer

hi my bold had the same problem but its been charging for 6 hours and still won't come on. Pls help
Visitor
My Device: black bery strom
My Carrier: vodafone

i had a problem with my BB , on the past sunday i kapt charging for 3 hrs then it started working,but i had a network lock so it displays onl;y SOS calls, but yesday when i switch on my BB to get unlock it is unable to get oN but there is a light blinking when i keep phone for charging ..pls give me suggestion so that i can power on my BB,

thanks & Rgards

NAREn

My Device: Storm 2
My Carrier: Verizon

My Storm did exactly the same thing this morning.  I finally got it to charge and reboot, but how did the battery die overnight when the phone was powered off?  Not just the screen was off, but I totally powered off the phone last night. 

My Device: Storm 1
My Carrier: T mobile

yea mines has been doing that for like and hour... but i have a black screen with a clock hand spinning in the middle of it?