Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Regular Contributor
Rockrolex
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9550

Re: Storm2 number keypad disabled after dialing Verizon *611 or voice mail.

EdY wrote:

Yesterday I was trying to voice dial a call with my bluetooth headset and when nothing happened I glanced at the display to see what was going on.  It had a message saying the system was "too busy" to make my call!

You may have too many apps.  How much memory is available?  Go to Options>memory.  If you have less than 50 MB of Application Memory free space, you may have too many apps.  Remove enough apps that you go back up to at leaat 60 MB of free space and see if that resolves your problem.

Please use plain text.
EdY
New Contributor
EdY
My Device: 9550 Storm2
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Interesting thought, but I checked and the application memory free space says 118.8 MB.  I'm not a big "apps" guy.

Sometimes voice dial is extremely slow.  I'll get a response like "did you say......(long pause of 4 or 5 seconds)" followed by "name". 

Or "calling" with a long pause, then "name", and another long pause, then "mobile" (or work, or whatever).  It can get annoying.

My loast whine is about battery life.  If I have network, wi-fi, and bluetooth all enabled by the end of the day the phone has shut down due to lack of power.  It's actually flat and has to recharge over night before it will restart.  Oh, and I've already been through the "does not recognize it's plugged into a charge" issue that was in one of the tech bulletins.  Now I make sure it's charging before I walk away.

Makes me long for my old Motorola Razor.

Please use plain text.
Misslndhs
My Device: Storm2 & Tour
My Carrier: Verizon

after you  dial the number and have to wait to enter the PIN go to MENU - SWITCH APPLICATION - and hit the PHONE ICON.....that's all I had to do and now it works just fine!

Please use plain text.
jman999
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: verizon

thank you found this posting in a few minutes fixe dmy problem which just started, with no new apps installed for 7 months 

Please use plain text.