Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
junmin

Re: Stressed vowels when composing SMS in Spanish

hello Xandrex, hope that you can check the screenshot pasted in the above post. thanks
Please use plain text.
Contributor
junmin

Still waiting for some answers from you experts. hehe. thx
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

I have the option on my 8310 (EDGE) but not on my 9530 (EDGE/3G/CDMA).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

junmin wrote:
Still waiting for some answers from you experts. hehe. thx

We are still waiting for more responses from the RIM escalation...but you should set your expecation about turnaround time for this to be not terribly short...you are receiving something for free that normally requires a fee-based arrangement.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
junmin

Soporte de español en SMS: áéíóúÁÉÍÓÚñÑ y otros idiomas!

well, really wonder to know how come a international cell phone company RIM didnt consider the USC2 support when they developed the OS for CDMA. English is not the only language in the world. hehe

fee-based arrangement? Well, then I think we users in not English speaking countries or carriers should pay for the EXTRA USC2(others languages) support because we love, want and need a Blackberry device. Wow.

just take it easy, take your time. Cause we have time too, hehe, we can wait, wait for a official response/confirmation/detail of this problem by RIM. Anyway I will be following this thread.

thank you very much.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

[ Edited ]

junmin wrote:

Soporte de español en SMS: áéíóúÁÉÍÓÚñÑ y otros idiomas!

well, really wonder to know how come a international cell phone company RIM didnt consider the USC2 support when they developed the OS for CDMA. English is not the only language in the world. hehe

fee-based arrangement? Well, then I think we users in not English speaking countries or carriers should pay for the EXTRA USC2(others languages) support because we love, want and need a Blackberry device. Wow.

just take it easy, take your time. Cause we have time too, hehe, we can wait, wait for a official response/confirmation/detail of this problem by RIM. Anyway I will be following this thread.

thank you very much.

I'm sorry...perhaps I was not clear enough. The fee-based arrangement I was speaking of is for direct support from RIM. The support model for BB's is via your carrier...you go to them and work through their system first. If they deem your issue too much for them, they then can escalate you to RIM at no charge to you. But, if you should separately desire to bypass your carrier and go direct to RIM, that involves a fee. What we have done on this issue is utilize a channel we have that bypasses the carriers and goes direct to RIM -- but also bypasses that fee that would otherwise be charged for you to receive such support or information.

Personally, I completely support what I take as your intent -- globalization rather than localization. English is not the only language in the world. But, I can't control a firm like RIM. Nor can I change what has already happened. All I can do is to offer this free escalation that I happen to have access to. I'm sorry if that's not good enough...but it's all I have since all I am is just another user on this forum.

Message Edited by sdgardne on 07-01-2009 04:18 PM

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Andy

Instructions in Spanish

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tomersherman

Hi,
I have the same SMS problem with hebrew....
I just found a solution for that!!!!
It seems that BB sms software is the root of the problem.
i've install a different sms text messaging software and the Hebrew works!!!
Check if it helps you: http://www.3jam.com/blackberry.php
If you find a better one let me know....
Cheers....
Please use plain text.
Contributor
junmin

False/Fake message/information.

I have test it, doest'n work.

the problem is in the implementation of the BlackBerry OS.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
myspring

my bb is 8330 also has this problem

hope rim pay attention to it

Please use plain text.