Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

monkey12
My Device: Not Specified

Super Slow

I apologize if this information is out on the internet and I have not seen it, I have used blackberry desktop and installed .7 of the software for my Storm, and now i am downloading 4.7.0.75. I really hope they are different. I just want to know this information, I bought four of these for my family because I was told that the model version was super slow and the updates will fix it. So far, this thing is not even close to as fast as an iphone.

So please just tell me: will this phone be as fast as the iphone? How much time are we looking at, I have 30 days to trade these in. I feel like the phone has great potential, but it gets super bogged down with pictures, or video, and that's not including if I get a phone call during checking out a website, then i'm holding my breath wondering if my phone is going to crash.

My friend has a verizon dare, and that thing is so fast, it's unreal, the video is razer sharp, there is an easy section on the phone to put your most called numbers, kinda like "groups" but easier, does the bb have anything like that? 

Ps. I bought this in the U.S.

And were is a link to find news on this problem, because i'm a sales exec myself, so Verizon is taking the standard stance which is when I tell them how slow it is, they say they havn't heardy many complaints, I'm not saying it's not true, but I typed "storm" and "lag" on google and had enough complaints to fill an encyclopedia, so I'm sure they are frustrated with the software as well, and I don't think you guys should point the finger at them with this link  http://www.blackberrynews.com/2008/12/02/storm-9530-os-v47075-available-for-upgrade/ because I'm a very easy going customer, but you sent this slow phone to verizon. Anyway, I don't care about the ins and outs of this mini conspiracy, if it is one lol, but when is this thing gonna speed way, way, way up? Cause you lost a customer if you can't do it. It's not a bad thing, some people may not mind the slowness, just be responsible and tell the customers, "this is as fast as it's going to get" and let us get on with our lives, i've got better things to do than spending my time in verizon to be looked in the eye and told this phone is comparable to the eye phone, or writing in the forum! 

Regards,

W. Monte 

Please use plain text.
depinasco

Re: Super Slow

Thank you for the details on the upgrade. Haven't installed yet, but it is nice to know there is something out there to fix how amazingly SLOW the storm is. I'm on the fence still, i may return it if I don't get it to work as fast as the iphone....

And yes I am comparing. The storm came on the market to compete with the iphone so the comparison is inevitable. 

Please use plain text.
ddabiz
My Device: Blackberry Storm

Just thought I may add my two cents here. I am a bit annoyed with the slow response of my Blackberry as well. I have been trying the Storm for almost a week now before I make my final decision. So far, even though there is a certain learning curve, I have noticed some things that do not give much hope.

in spite of what the Verizon commercial shows, it definitely is not fast to respond. If they are trying to sell a piece of equipment that appears to be fast in managing apps and browsing the Web, this is not it. It has frozen and it's often sluggish. I don't know if this can be solved with a software update but, since I have only 30 days, I may not get to see such update.

Also, the battery life is very short. One would think that Blackberry thought of providing a long lasting battery for a working professional. Now I have to add constantly checking my battery to my daily tasks. Yes I read forums and articles suggesting how to work/improve this issue, but the bottom line is that I am the one who has to adapt to the device and not the other way around.

On the positive side, the 3G network seems to be faster thant AT&T's. Also, I like that you can send pic messages to another phone and not only to an email address.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Blacknooby

I think you'll find that .75/.76 really speeds things up significantly.  I'm hoping the next patch (supposedly due this month) will make it even faster.

Please use plain text.