Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

YogiBerra
My Device: Blackberry Storm 2 9550

Support help

My Storm 2 for the last week and a half has been experiencing the non-responsive ordeal. I have tried several of the ideas found on these forums without little success. These ideas and ideas of my own were all temporary fixes. I went back to Verizon on two seperate occasions and received two new batteries which allowed me to turn on my phone and charge it. While charging both NEW batteries, the phone would experience difficulty charging and I found myself constantly checking its status to make sure it was charging at all. Both occasions within two days the batteries were completely dead leaving the phone non-responsive. After a series of battery pulls/reboots/various chargers and batteries themselves, I am done with dealing with this issue. A few months ago I bought this phone from a friend so Verizon will not deal with the problem directly, so I was wondering if there was any route I could take in which I could send the phone back and possibly receive a new one since the phone is still under warranty? Thank you.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Support help

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

ALL support and service, including warranty, is managed by the carriers and authorized resellers and extended to the original purchaser. Transferring the warranty to someone else is dicey at best. From what you describe, I'd guess that you have no warranty whatsoever. Hence, your carriers unwillingness to work with you.

There is another avenue...but it's not free. It is called Incident Support.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code