Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
faris187
My Device: Not Specified

Switch off

hello guys ,, i have a problem with my 9500 which is unlocked. it started a week ago that it switches off on its own and i have to start it. when it started it used to happen once daily but now it happens 3 or 4 times a day.

Any clue ?!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
iEdster

Re: Switch off

Wipe your device.

Options>Security options> General Setting>Menu>Wipe handheld.

Might work.

Don't worry. It won't remove the unlock.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Eeek, don't do that, or at least don't do that before backing up your data!

First, start off by doing a hard reset - pull the battery out for 30 seconds while the phone is on and then reinsert the battery.  That's the fastest and easiest thing to try.  Next, if you have any 3rd party applications installed on your phone, you might want to try removing them.  In some cases, third party applications are not fully compatible and problems can pop up.  The next step after that is to try the wipe, but make sure you back up your phone on your computer first or you'll lose all your contacts, emails, etc that are stored on your phone.  After the wipe, you can restore your data.

Barring all of this, I'd probably suggest reinstalling the operating system on your phone.

Out of curiosity, what operating system is currently installed?  You can find this by going to Options > About.  It's listed with the v in front (e.g. v4.7.0.075).

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
faris187

hey there dude Thanx for your response ,, infact i tried the hard reset aka battery relase several times with no improvement . i dont have any third party applications on my storm. i did the back up and wiped the handheld and i will wait and see how it goes.

My 9500 OS version is .083 !

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Ahh, that's the problem.  You have a leaked OS on your phone.  If I remember correctly, that OS had problems like random reboots.  You have two options as I see it to fix this problem:

1. Downgrade your OS back to the official OS for your phone (either .075 or .078 for Vodafone - can't remember which one it is).
  2. Upgrade to the most recent leaked OS (.109).  Note that if you choose this option, this is also an unofficial OS so do this at your own risk and make sure you've looked at all the instructions on how to fix the phone just in case you brick the phone.

Out of these options, the first is preferred as this is an official and supported option.  But if you choose to go with the second option, just ensure you understand the potential limitations.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
pvanzyl

I have the same prob. Phone just switch off and I have to switch it on again. Happens 3-4 times a day. Often happen when in holster. Phone is set to automatically lock when it is inserted into the holster. It would sound a received message and when taken out it is switched off. It also happens for instance while navigating, just switch off. The current version is .078 and no 3rd party software is installed. It also takes forever to load all the software when switched back on, 3-4min.

Any ideas??

Please use plain text.