Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Regular Contributor
cummingsjs
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Sync Palm Treo 755P with BlackBerry Storm

I have been unable to sync my BB Storm with the data contained on my Palm Treo 755p.  I am using the BB desktop software - both devices are connected to PC via USB ports.  I click on the Device Switch Wizard and follow the prompts.  However, the screen with the radio buttons to select Palm or Microsoft is disabled and light gray.  I am unable to make a selection.   It may be important to note that I do not use Palm desktop.  My Palm Treo is set to sync with ACT our primary business database.  I appreciate your thougths and input.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
PC-ASSIST
My Device: Storm - 9530

Re: Sync Palm Treo 755P with BlackBerry Storm

Since you are not using the standard Palm Conduits, it will not be able to locate your data.

I would, in order:

1) set the conduits back to the Palm Desktop

REBOOT

2) sync to the desktop and make sure tha data is accurate

3) now try the wizard

cummingsjs

Thanks.  I will try.  I had changed the syncing from my ACT database to the PALM calender, PALM contacts, etc.  However, it did not work.   Can you please provide some additional clarification on what is a PALM Conduit and how to locate this within the PALM Desktop if possible.  Thanks I appreciate it.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
PC-ASSIST

[ Edited ]

No problem.

Right click on the hotsync manager in the Windows system tray. (Pardon me, I am going from memory...I took my Palms out of service about three or four years ago...)

There is a setting for custom and if it is not there then it will be under Conduits in the Desktop.

Once in custom, you will see all of the conduits. Click on them and change them to palm desktop first. Hotsync.

Then try the BB manager.

If that does not work, then try changing the conduits to Outlook and then try the BB manager. Hotsync again now.

If THAT does not work change them back after Hotsyncing to Outlook back to Palm and try the hot sync again.

At one of these junctures, you may also have to reboot just to get the hotsync manager to reestablish the correct conduits depending on how old it is.

I just found another link for you as well that shows the pics of the different screens.

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,Case=obj(26460)

Lemme know...

Message Edited by PC-ASSIST on 11-26-2008 12:16 AM
cummingsjs

Thanks for the further clarification.  I will try the suggestions when I return to the office after the holidays.  Happy Thanksgiving..
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
PC-ASSIST

Gobble Gobble!

Happy Tryptophan driving day to you and your family as well!

patmcneill

I am a new Blackberry Storm owner and am having the same problem you describes in the earlier post. I am trying to use the BB Desktp manager to move data from my Treo755 to the Storm. When I get to the screen that I need to select eith MS Outlook or Palm to start the transport, both options are grayed and I can not select either.

I am running Vista Home premium and my Treo 755 was HotSynced just before I tried to move it to the Storm. I do not see a "custom" setting either in the Windows tray under HotSync "settings" or on the Palm Desktop Manager.

Do you remember how you determined if the "conduit" was correct. I have read the prior posts and I still have no idea what a conduit is.

Thanks for any help. Verizon Technical Support was not able to help.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Hi patmcneil and welcome to the forums!

Here is a tip as this is your first post.

You would want to use the grey bar over the fist page of the 9500 forums and locate the "new message" option.

This will give you a new thread with only your problem listed.

This current thread has been resolved, so most users will not see your post.

If you open your own thread you will have more users read it, more input,  leading

to a faster resolution. OK?

Here is  link regarding the Switch device procedure.

Please note the following supported PALM software versions:

• Palm® Treo™ smartphone using Palm Desktop Software 4.0.1, 4.1, 4.1.2, 4.1.4, 4.1.4E or 6.01
  •  

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05459&sliceId=1&docTy...

Thanks,

Bifocals

Please remember to resolve your thread.

Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks 

Message Edited by Bifocals on 12-20-2008 05:42 PM
    Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
    Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
    Contributor
    johnrobbfl

Before getting my Storm I used a Palm 700P.  I made one last sync to Outlook using the Palm, then sync'd my Storm with Outlook and everything transferred perfectly.  It didn't take more than 2 minutes, so if you have Outlook on your PC I would suggest trying this method. 
    Please use plain text.