03-27-2009 02:45 PM
If Media Sync 2.0 is crashing on you when trying to import album art, I've found a solution.
Albeit a few more steps than clicking Import, it WILL work. And once you go through it once, it's easy...So don't be frightened by all of the steps.
The problem lies in the album art somehow being associated with the song file. When iTunes downloads album art on its own, it is hidden in the mysterious ether somewhere and is not properly associated with the music file for syncing. If you manually add your own album art or if you do what I'm about to describe, it will associate correctly and show up when you simply sync the music with Media Sync 2.0. Please be advised: For this to work you will have to erase all of the songs that you want fixed from your Blackberry Bold and resync them. DO THIS FIRST. Also, be sure that you have the correct album name so iTunes will download the album art automatically. If not, you will have to substitute your own art (I recommend Amazon.com for finding the art and/or the album associated with the songs).
Okay, here's what you do:
1. Open iTunes
2. Pick a song that already has the album art downloaded automatically from iTunes
3. Right-click the song and choose "Get Info"
4. Click the tab for Artwork (There should be a photo there....if not, you'll need to find one and add it [see bold above] or exit out of this and right-click the song again and choose "Get Album Artwork" then repeat step 3 and move along through)
5. Right-click the photo and choose copy (you can paste it into a safe folder, just in case, if you choose)
6. Delete the photo already there by clicking the Delete button
7. Where the photo was once shown (In the box), Right-Click and paste the photo.
8. That's it. It's now associated correctly.
Now that you know the basics, here's a quick way to do multiple songs that are on the same Album. Make sure you're in the "list view" where all of your music is shown in a big list.
1. Type the name of the album in the search field where ONLY the songs under that album show up on the list
2. Pick a song that you have already "fixed" with the steps above and right-click it choosing "Get Info"
3. Go to Artwork and right-click the photo and copy it...DO NOTHING ELSE YET
4. Click Cancel
5. Select all of the songs under the album where you did the search by clicking Edit/Select All
6. Right click the big blue area and select Get Info
7. There will be a box for artwork...right click the box and paste the file you just copied.
8. Click OK.
9. DONE!! Now all of the songs under that album are ready to be synced on Media Sync and no import is necessary.
Lather, rinse, repeat as necessary. I hope this helped. Believe it or not, this is my first posting and I wanted to make it a good one. So let me know how I did or if you have any questions.
04-06-2009 12:51 PM
That's pretty much it. You copy the artwork by right-clicking it under the Get Info/Artwork section of the song, delete it with the Delete button, then paste it in the box again. It's troublesome, but the only way I found to make the artwork associate correctly for my Blackberry. Oh, and you have to delete the old copy of whatever songs you "fixed" off of your Storm and then resync them after they're fixed. I guess your Storm assumes that it doesn't need the new information so it ignores the fix. I just find it easier to delete all of them and then resync after I've fixed a large batch of songs.
Hope that helped! Don't forget the kudos if you find this useful. Thanks!!
04-06-2009 04:29 PM
I do not know why you had problems with the artwork. Whether you put album art into i tunes manually or use their download artwork, there is no difference in the artwork file. When you use blackberry media sync, drop down the options window up top right. There is an option in there for downloading the artwork. If it's in i tunes player already, it will go into the media sync artwork folder on the BB.
I put 76 albums at one time on mine and it worked fine.
04-06-2009 11:45 PM
Thank you wvuametz! It worked!
Every time before I synched, the artwork would not show up on my Storm. Now it does. It took a couple of hours for me to go through all my songs but it was worth it! And the album artwork shows up now on my PSP too!
04-07-2009 12:00 AM
For some crazy reason, I have the same album artwork associated with every song in my Storm. I was totally satisfied with no artwork at all, then other day I connected my BB to my computer and added a few new songs and now they all have JJ Cale's "Travel-Log" artwork. I only have one song from that album on my Storm.