Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
errolf
My Device: Not Specified

Text messaging not working unless SIM card removed and reseated.

I have a Blackberry Storm and it is Bluetooth paired with the PCM unit on my Porsche. The unit allows me to see my address book and text messages. I am not sure if they are downloaded to the car or if I am seeing a view from the phone. The problem I have is a strange one in that everything is absolutely fine whilst in the car but once I leave the car I am no longer able to receive any text messages on my Blackberry. I seem to be able to send ok though. However if I go back into the car any texts that have been sent to me come through on the cars PCM unit. It is almost as if the phone is not the default to receive text messages after I leave the car. The only way I have found to fix this issue is to remove the SIM card and restart the phone. Can anyone suggest what’s going on?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Text messaging not working unless SIM card removed and reseated.

Lend us your car and maybe we can figure it out in a few weeks.:smileytongue: Just kiding.

There could be a setting that was configured when pairing it up.

Maybe one of our other posters might be able to shed some light on it.

Dont give up hope just yet.

There is always an answer for everything.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Hi errolf,

Welcome aboard to the BlackBerry Support Community.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Elite I
cathlabnurse
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Welcome to the c:smileyhappy:mmunity!!  I agree with knotty! It is knot time to give up! 

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
errolf

I only got the car 3 weeks ago so no-one is allowed to touch it yet !!!.:smileyhappy:

However on the issue I had a word with a friend of mine who is a Google whiz and he says it is to do with SAP mode. Apparently the Porsche system takes complete control of all comms from the phone and switches it off on the phone. I can see this as the phone indicator for comms goes red. The issue seems to be software related. The solution I have been told is to make my Blackberry connect without SAP and just using Bluetooth thus allowing text messages through to the phone only and not into the car system. I can live with that but it would have been nice if it all worked seemlessly.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
errolf

I have further info that I need to get the PCM in the car set to handsfree profile as opposed to SAP. So off to the dealer tomorrow to get it switched over. Last time I was in I bought a car so this time I better be more careful:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
errolf

Thanks
Please use plain text.