Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Regular Contributor
PC-ASSIST
My Device: Storm - 9530

Re: The Camera....

hankpb wrote:

If you're returning this phone because the camera doesn't work like you want it, then go back to the pathetic uncool Windows Mobile phone. The camera feature in phones aren't meant to be primary functions. They're just FEATURES. Go back to your Windows Mobile Phone where the camera is the primary function and the phone and messaging are just add-ins. 

This is Blackberry's first attempt at touch screen phones and it is truly the best alternative to the iPhone so far.  RIM has a much better and quicker record than Apple in fixing things. Seriously, how many versions and years of Windows Mobile has their been? Yet they still can't get the phone and messaging working like Blackberry.  If you want multimedia and a pretty camera but don't care about phone and messaging component, then stick to your Windows Mobile.  Also, if you like to reboot the your device every 3 hours, then definitely return that Blackberry Storm right away!      Unlike Microsoft, RIM WILL get their products fixed.

So, you are taking the problems personally? Do you work for RIM?

Windows Mobile "pathetic and uncool"?

Really?

So, you are OK with a crappy camera that is less than 3.2MP, a barely functioning for the most part, expensive mix of plastic, metal and carbon?

MiamiBB
My Device: Not Specified

Hey Hankpb if you sell me a product and tell me the camera and flash aren't that good then i'm fine with it.

But that did'nt happen.

I paid for a product in which everything is suppose to work correctly.

And thats how they advertised it.

I dont just want to settle for what they want to give me.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hankpb

Frankly,  I didn't purchase it for the camera.  I have a Canon that does that just fine. Historically, BlackBerry was built on corporate-grade business communications which is why I purchase BlackBerry.  Now that it has a touch screen that clicks, I bought it for the cool factor that goes toe-to-toe with iPhone.  Your memory must be foggy about the first time iPhone and Windows Mobile were released.   They were crap and are still kind of crap (although iPhone is admittedly very cool crap).

BlackBerry Storm is seriously further along in its scale of development.  As a first-implementer, you can't expect everything in tech especially to be perfect the first time (unless you think you live in the Starship Enterprise of course).  If you're relying on your 30 day return policy, then you'll regret returning it.  I don't work for RIM, but I've used just about every platform of PDAs and smart phones since 1998.  RIM has really got their act together with striving for product quality and service.  I can't say much for their distribution practices, but at the brisk rate they're doing their updates (unlike the rates of their present competitors),  they'll get this problem squared away.  Then it'll just be an improved FEATURE on an already kick-ass phone.  That's why I'm not too worried at all. I'll take RIM development and engineering over  MS and Apple any day.     :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hankpb

Cool. Please tell me what smartphone product was ever 100% perfect when it FIRST came out.  Welcome to the reality of tech.  I've supported PDAs and smarthphones since 1998.  RIM is a great company that beats the crap out of MS and Apple when it comes to service, support, and updates.  They're in the hands of more CEOs and executives for a reason--they simply work.  They're fairly newer in the secondary multimedia aspect of things, but if their past service and support record is a reflection of better things to come, you're in good hands with a very solid tech company. So I hope you hang in there.  Since the Blackberry Storm is such a high-profile and flagship device for RIM,  they'll especially get those fix updates out there quicker than any other smartphone product you've ever seen.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
foodshooter

[ Edited ]
Anyone who gets a freeze when recording video, try hitting the back button and give it a sec. It has kept my phone from rebooting so far AND the 2 times I've tried this the videos were actually viewable(although this might not be the case everywhere). -credit goes to crashberry at CB
Message Edited by foodshooter on 12-09-2008 02:18 AM
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Km4544

The camera does suck. While it by no means is a primary use for the phone, it should be usuable. Shutter speed is way to long, the light is too bright, and the pictures have horrible detail. I would be embarrassed to release a phone with it being so bad. They are going to lose alot of customers if they don't come out with something soon.

Dayton Mazda

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sk8teguy

I was disappointed in my camera as well.  However, after I changed the setting to superfine, it is now taking great pictures.  On fine, its pictures were horrible.
Please use plain text.