Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
tusharsaude
My Device: 9550

The Selected backup file might be corrupted.

Hi, I need your help!

I have a .IPD file stored on my computer. Today when i tried to restore it to my phone i saw a error 'The Selected backup file might be corrupted.'  I tried MagicBerry IPD reader, It was not a help to me.

The backup was taken from my Curve. I have some important numbers and texts in the backup and want to trasfer it to Storm. Can some one please help. I need those numbers and texts very badly.

Please help Me!

Regular Contributor
rapanui21
My Device: Curve 8310

Re: The Selected backup file might be corrupted.

Tusharsaude: Go to my website https://sites.google.com/site/ipdparse . Download the macro and documentation. Run IPD Parse. If you still get symptoms of a corrupt file, send me an email and I will work with you to try and retrieve your contacts and SMS messages. My contact information is on my website. Regards, Mike
New Contributor
tusharsaude

Hello Mike, Thanks for the reply. I just tried the solution suggested by you, however when i click start macro a error screen pops up. Error 105: File Open error. VBA Error Number = 75. Path/FIle access error. Was there anything i did wrong? Please suggest..

Regular Contributor
rapanui21

Dear Tushar: I will not be able to analyze this problem remotely. If you email me your backup file, I will determine the problem with the file. I may be able to repair any corruption. If it is truly a read error, I can salvage all data prior to that point. All my services are free. My 'Contact Me' information is on my website. Please let me know your plans. Regards, Mike
New Contributor
tusharsaude

Hi Mike,
I am not able to attach the file nor able to move the file to any other folder. Would you please help.
Regular Contributor
rapanui21

Dear Tushar: Please contact me via email. My contact information is on my website. I think I know why your backup file is corrupted. We will try to determine the cause and discuss options. Mike (rapanui21)
New Contributor
tusharsaude

thanks mike.. I will get in touch with you.