Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
fruityboy78
My Device: blackberry curve 9300
My Carrier: mtn south africa

Third party applications don`t work!!!!!!

[ Edited ]

Hi I really need help here I have a bb 9530 verizon(my uncle`s) cause my last phone broke a bb 9300 3G.i have set up the bb but I really don't know what I'm doing so every thing works fine except third party applications because when ever I go into a third party app for e.g... whatsapp it comes up with a message : <app name> has attempted to connect to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your  IT policy. and after saying OK I get another message: unable to open folder.java.lang.SecurityException: Permission denied  that always happens!!!! Please help me I'm really getting tired of this.P.S I don't know much about where the phone came from(country)and I'm in south Africa and on mtn and I don`t know about the previous settings or any of that all I know is the model and that its my uncles so please help.

Regards:fruityboy78

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Third party applications don`t work!!!!!!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

What you have is a BB that was previously associated with a corporate/BES system, and the IT Policy that was placed onto the device by BES was never properly cleansed, even though the BB was removed from the BES system (cleansing the BB is NOT an automatic function). Until that is gone from the BB, you will have this problem.

The other problem you have is that the only remedy will totally wipe your BB clean of everything -- data, apps, configurations, etc. It will be as if it was brand new again, fresh from the factory. The problem here is that, from what you say, you probably don't know the first thing about what you need to do in order to proper re-configure after you cleanse the IT Policy off of the BB. So doing so could render your BB useless since you don't know any of the settings you would need to accomplish this task.

All in all, what you need to do is a rather complex set of things, requiring you to know what you are doing, and know the necessary configuration items in order to get your BB working again. If you are willing to undertake that mess, then we can give you the necessary procedure...if you are not willing, then you likely should seek out some paid support from someone who does know what they are doing and can perform the necessary steps for you.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.