Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Regular Contributor
IraIHB
My Device: BB Storm 9530 US Verizon BIS

To People having a problem with some web pages.

___Try going opening browser. Press the menu button go to "Browser Configuration". Make sure all check boxes are checked especially "Allow JavaScript popups". Under Browser Idetification switch it to "Internet Explorer". Then exit and save. Also do this for your saved bookmarks(they have their own settings too).

___It will run a bit slower then the "mobile" pages but you will be able to see most pages. I needed to be this to be able to sign into "Citibank.com".

___As for pages with Flash effects and movies those will not show/run. The BB browser, Windows Mobile, IPhone Safari, Opera Mobile, Opera Mini and etc. will not run Flash. The only handheld browser the might would be the Android/Google phone.

___Buy the way I love my Storm 9530. No major problems. But I have been keeping a small wishlist:

1)Wi-Fi.

2)Wireless Sync for Personal Outlook Tasks, Calendar and Notes.(UPDATE: Ok, I found BB Unite. But Verizon doesn't support it). 

3)Multiple Browser windows.

4)Tasks w/o Date should show every day in calendar until completed (more To Do type).

5)More Software(SlingBox,Remote w/o server, Today screen, music identifier, games that utilize accelerometor & touch screen(Air Hockey,Racing), World Clocks, World Weather, Google Maps w/satelite views,PDF viewing w/o server, Birthdays/Occation, FTP upload/download, Screen Capure).

6)Letters along side in contacts to skip to a section in contacts.

7)Better way to put the text cursor in the right place(like the magnifying glass on the iPhone).

8)Image & Video Flash support.

9)Can't adjust north arrow in VZNav maps.

10)E-Mail does not sync/support other folders(ie: Sent,Deleted items,Junk mail,Norton anti-spam, Drafts).

11)Fix the image automatic downloads in HTML e-mail.

12)Fix the bluetooth Desktop software connection.

13)(Quirk)I do not like that when locked by holster or icon a new e-mail is opened when unlocked. Seems to not happen when locked by the physical lock button.

14) IR ? (Data transfer and programs to make it a universal remote).

15)Lagginess sometimes, especially when unlocking.

16)Better battery life.

17)

(( ((If I am wrong or you know more on any of these things please let me know.))))

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
IraIHB

Re: To People having a problem with some web pages.

[ Edited ]

Update in reference to #12 on the "Wish List" in my previous post.

It seems the BB Desktop software will not sync with the Storm via Bluetooth unless your computer uses the original MS Bluetoth drivers. If you look at the drivers and they are by your computer manufactuer or anybody else it will not work.

Personally I may not bother and just use the wire. (I can Bluetooth tether to my laptop for internet access just fine).I don't think it is an easy fix and I don't want problems with the other things I already have connected via Bluetooth o my computer. It would have been nice though.

Message Edited by IraIHB on 12-10-2008 09:26 PM
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Dermoss
My Device: Storm

Thanks. That was usefull.
DermoSS
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
IraIHB

Update in reference to #5 on the "Wish List" in my previous post.

I found Google Maps for the Storm. It's cool. See link on one of my other posts:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=9500&thread.id=5395 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
IraIHB

Apps Thread

Update in reference to #5 on the "Wish List" in my previous post.

This a link to an Apps thread I started:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=9500&message.id=5678

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
IraIHB

Cursor Placement

Update in reference to #7 on the "Wish List" in my previous post.

"7)Better way to put the text cursor in the right place(like the magnifying glass on the iPhone)."

I was wrong on this one. There is something like the magnifying glass on the iPhone. Not as fancy. But you can put the cursor where ever you want. It was answered in this thread:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=9500&thread.id=5771

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
IraIHB

Flash

Update in reference to #8 on the "Wish List" in my previous post.

"8)Image & Video Flash support."

There were some comments about this in this thread:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=9500&message.id=5226#M5226

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mohammadmurtaza
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9650

Hi IralHB,

I must say I have found your info very helpful. I think I may be able to provide more helpful info for people who are looking into removing their 3rd party Bluetooth drivers and replacing them with native windows XP/Vista drivers. The process involves going into your system's bluetooth directory and editing some .inf files. I know this sounds scary but its really simple. I use an HP laptop with windows XP so I will use this as my example, you can change/modify my stepsto suite your needs.

Firstly, you must uninstall the bluetooth drivers thats are already installed in your computer. Then...

Navigate to:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c00711848&jump%...

(for a comprehensive analysis and step by step instructions, DO NOT USE THE ""PnPID""  HP PROVIDES, instead you can find your own exact PnPID for your bluetooth module by navigating to device manager and selecting the device in question (the bluetooth module and then scroll down to ""Hardware IDs" that will be your devices ""PnPID""))

Here is a website that explains what I said confusingly above:

http://www.shootingsoftware.com/Widcomm.htm

I think it'll be really nice if you contact the authors of the website (shootingsoftware) I showed above and thank them for all their hardwork in making these types of websites. A lot of time and effort goes into making them and I think showing them a little appreciation will in their eyes make it all worth it. Well I hope this helps, best of luck!

Blackberry Bold 9650
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mohammadmurtaza
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9650

After you perform these steps and install OEM windows bluetooth stack support. Everything should work, the wireless sync, the internet tethering, wireless audio connection, etc... Just to be on the safe side, keep a copy of your bluetooth software in case you cannot get any of the above to work out.
Blackberry Bold 9650
Please use plain text.