Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: Verizon Black Berry Storm 9530

Touch Screen Problems HELP

Last night I upgraded my phone to .75 and now my touch screen stops working. ANybody have the same problem? Can anybody help me?
Charles
Regular Contributor
My Device: Verizon BB Strm 9530

Re: Touch Screen Problems HELP

I had no issues after upgrade.  Try turning it off, take battery out and re-start.
..sp
Thanks for clicking on KUDOS if this solved your problem!
New Contributor

I have done that but after awhile it does it again. This is my second phone that has this problem.
Charles
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Did you apply the leaked update or the official update?
New Contributor

the official update thru the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
Charles
New Contributor

[ Edited ]
Can no one help me with my touch screen issue? Sometimes I have to put my whole thumb on the screen for it to work. I like my storm but sometimes I can't use it. I can't live like this. HELP!!!!!!!
Message Edited by charlesbaby2001 on 12-09-2008 05:02 PM
Charles
New Contributor

I have the same exact problem too. Tonight I started to search about it. I'm glad I found your post. This is the only issue that I have with the phone. Everything else works great. I know that over time more software will develop.

Hopefully someone will chime in with a response. I just might have to exchange the phone. That would be inconvenient.

New Contributor

I am glad someone else has the same problem. I think everybody else thought I was crazy. I hope they come out with a fix soon. I really don't want to exchange for something else. Like you have no other problems. I really like this phone. Many people have told that the phone is awesome.
Charles

Having the same issue .
New Contributor

Having the same issue -- the touch screen has a notable lag, or inability to register a touch or click.  Yet the physical keys are working just great (no lag whatsoever when pressing menu or escape).  This occured once or twice with the initial OS release (.65), and would resolve with a reset (battery pull).  This just recurred tonight, approximately a week after I'd upgraded the OS to release .75, so I suspect it's not a consequence of the OS update.  Further, the battery pull doesn't seem to resolve the problem.  And I've checked -- I'm not running any programs (eg media) in the background.