Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
ChXion
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Touch Screen Problems HELP

If you can't get it replaced from Verizon for some odd reason for the hardware malfunction.  You could always try to "wipe it clean" and reinstall the official OS upgrade .75 after.

Look up "clean wipe" using JL_cmder on crackberry.com if you're curious.  It's a way of basically reinstalling your entire software program which you do for you laptops and desktops. Warning: This can take anywhere between 30 - 60 mins.  AND always remember to back-up in case something goes wrong.

SUVetteZ400

[ Edited ]
Well yesterday for some odd reason after only having the phone a week, I decided to upgrade to OS to .86. Well while it seemed like a good idea at the time, I was pretty sure my phone was going end up being a frisbee. It was fine at first and then the touch screen completely stopped working. I looked all over the place for posts but nothing I found could help. I did about 5 battery pulls with no improvement whatsoever. On the final battery pull, I left it out overnight. This morning I woke up, put in the battery and to my surprise the phone worked fine. Granted everything on it (contacts, pics, apps, etc.) was deleted, the phone works like brand new. Actually I had to reset everything like I just bought it. So give this a shot but make sure everything is backed up.
Message Edited by SUVetteZ400 on 01-18-2009 08:24 AM
pandras

back up your data from the phone using Blackberry Desktop Manager, and from your home screen press Menu > Options> Security Options> General Settings> then press Menu again and "Wipe Handheld". After the phone is restarted, restore your data.

REMEMBER!!! make a backup and DON'T make this operation if your phone is low on battery

Andy

PS. this worked for me 

Visitor
stantonreed

I'm experiencing the exact same problem, did you find a solution?

Visitor
ceal
My Device: Bold 9700

Have had 2 Torches already. First one I had for a week. It froze up when I tried to download the new version of APP World. Then it froze no matter what I did. After 6 battery pulls I gave up.

The store couldn't even transfer the data from the first phone to the second phone and I had a weeks worth of business in the phone I really need. Had the second Torch for 5 mins and it froze. ATT Blackberry support said to return it because they are receiving a LOT of calls about this phone.

Very disappointing and frustrating. Went back to my Bold. I hope RIM gets these issues fixed soon.

Marcdepuma
My Device: Storm 9530

Kind of hard to choose options and scroll  down when the touch screen does NOT sense your touch at all.