Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Forums Advisor III
Leslie8120
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30.
Accepted Solution

Transfering data

I was trying to transfer data (memo, tasks, calendar) from my BB Pearl 8120 to my Storm 9500. I opened the "Desktop Manager" and saved all the info I had on my Pearl. Then I swiched devices and clicked on "Swich Device Wizard". It was telling me that the data has been transfered but upon desconecting the Storm 9500 from the computer, nothing was on it. Did I miss something?

Also, I was just thinking about this .... would I be able to transfer data between the 2 BB (Pearl & Storm) via Bluetooth ???

Thanks   

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Transfering data

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Here is a detailed procedure for using the switch device wizard.

See if there is anything you might have missed. Let us know if you need any help.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB16291

How to use the Device Switch Wizard to switch to a new BlackBerry smartphone

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Forums Advisor III
Leslie8120
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30.

thanks. I will try that.

Also, is it possible to transfer anything from one BB to another thru Bluetooth ?

Forums Advisor III
Leslie8120

OK, it worked. My Desktop Manager for the BB is not the same as I saw in the pic from the link you gave me, but it worked. I had both my BB`s connected (Pearl 8120 and Storm 9500) then I selected from a drop down window where to transfer the data (Pearl8120). Data got copied on the computer first then I selected from another dropdown window the current BB (Storm9500) After clicked "Next", the Storm was rebooted. Once back on, all the data I had on Pearl (Memos, Calendar, Tasks, Contact Info) has been transfered over to the Storm.   

Perfect !! ... and thanks  

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Cool!
I'm glad you have it fixed.
Please resolve the thread so others can find your answer faster.
Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter