Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Troubleshooting BIS in BB storm 2 9550

harshsparikh wrote:
You told previously that I used Verizon BIS service for free of cost for six moths that's why I mentioned that we don't have Verizon network in India.

Yes, but I did not suggest that you continue attempting to do so. Such would be, at best, dishonest...receiving services that one does not pay for is, at best, dishonest.

harshsparikh wrote:

So you suggesting me to call Verizon Customer Care and tell them to release ma pin so I could use Vodafone India BIS service right?

Exactly. But don't expect it to be simple. You said that you've talked with VZW already as well as Vodafone India and they each are telling you to talk to the other. Hence, my suggestions that you:

1) Be sure to escalate out of the first level support and into their dedicated BB support

- AND -

2) Possibly arrange a conference call between them so as to work out the issue.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
harshsparikh
My Device: Blackberry Storm 2 9550

Hello!!
I have send ma phone back to US so can u suggest me where to go Verizon Customer Care or Blackberry Repair Store?

Remember ma BIS isn't working. I am not getting EDGE on ma phone and its not being registered on Vodafone India network.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Everything possible via this user-to-user community has already been provided to you in this thread. In the USA, there is no such thing as a "Blackberry Repair Store"...all work is done through the carriers..And besides which, nothing about your BB is broken. It's on the carrier side that things need to be resolved.

I remember exactly what your problem is, but you have yet to report back with what you have done with the recommendations so far. Did you arrange the conference call between VZW and Vodafone India? If so, how did that work out?

I'm trying very much to help you, but you must participate in that. When I recommend you try something, you actually need to do so and report back with how it worked out.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
talhafareed
My Device: Storm 9550

i exactly have the same problem as is with the above person, i tried every possible way, but to no use, my device is also an unlocked vzw 9550....i'm not getting the EDGE sign, the device is not able to register it over data service...is there any way of manually adding service books ?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

talhafareed wrote:

i exactly have the same problem as is with the above person, i tried every possible way, but to no use, my device is also an unlocked vzw 9550....i'm not getting the EDGE sign, the device is not able to register it over data service...is there any way of manually adding service books ?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Yes, there is. But it is challenging and tedious, and pre-requires that the carrier even allow your model BB onto their network at all. It is not possible to run a device on a carrier network if they refuse. So, there's no guarantee here.

You need a BB that is fully functional on the network you want to run on…there are special steps here to move the Service Books over – this is necessary because your carrier does not support your BB model specifically…but, if they support any BB, you can try to use the Service Books from it to enable your BB to have full BIS functionality on your carrier.

1)     On your BB:

a)     Insert data plan SIM card (from legacy BB or new SIM if not migrating) into your BB and boot up

b)     Allow the BB to register to the network

c)     Remove the default APN

KB05327Set the APN settings on the BlackBerry device

2)     On a BB that works on your chosen carrier network:

a)     Options > Advanced Options > Service Books

b)     Hold ALT while typing "sbeb"

c)     Should display "Legacy SB Restore Enabled" -- press OK

d)     Tether and launch the RIM desktop manager (recommend most recent version):

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

e)     Perform a custom backup and back up only the service books (make note of the location and name of this IPD...it will be needed later)

KB23680How to back up and restore BlackBerry smartphone data using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0

f)       Untether from PC and shut down the Desktop Software

3)     On your BB:

a)     Options > Device > Service Books

b)     Hold ALT while typing "sbeb" -- press OK at prompt

c)     Tether and launch desktop manager

d)     Perform a custom restore, using the IPD file created in step 3.e above, restoring only the Service Book database

KB23680How to back up and restore BlackBerry smartphone data using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0

e)     Untether and Battery-pull Reboot the BB (with power ON, remove battery, wait, insert battery, reboot)

f)       If needed, enter required APN settings (we cannot know if they are required…many carriers do not require them…you can check your legacy BB for the right settings)

With all of that, your BB should be good to go on your chosen network with full BIS services (assuming you bought a plan that includes BIS of course!). If you are using BES, the same process should work as that is also just a matter of having the correct Service Books plus going through the activation process.

Keep that special IPD created in 2.e forever…if you ever remove the SIM from your BB and reboot, the necessary Service Books will be lost. You’ll have to do the restore again from that IPD in order to put the Service Books back in place. If your carrier ever starts supporting your BB model directly, then all of this will be moot!

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
harshsparikh

Thanks for the reply.

You won't believe but i tried each and every possible way which you suggested but Vodafone India Care people are pathetic they are just saying same thing "You bought your phone from Verizon that's why they have blocked your Pin,MEID,IMEI" and what other excuses they give.

That's why I sended my phone back to US if they are having any solution or they could help me out in some or the other way........

You even suggested me to have a conference call between Vodafone India Customer Care people and Verizon but that also they aren't ready...........

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

As I've said, doing what you are attempting is not simple. Sometimes it never will work. There is no way to predict the outcome for any individual situation.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
SanDiegoSmartHomeFind
My Device: Storm

I've had similar problems - and still working on getting them better.  One step at a time right?

-Brent

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

SanDiegoSmartHomeFind wrote:

I've had similar problems - and still working on getting them better.  One step at a time right?

Exactly! Cheers!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
harshsparikh

So what shall I do now where should i go because I have already sended my phone to US because in India they aren't answering me anything thats'y why I had no option but to send my phone back from where I had bought!!

As my phone does not have any hope to get repaired so that I can use BIS in India,

is it possible for me to exchange my phone with any other Blackberry smartphone?

Probably Bold 9900/9930??