Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Troubleshooting BIS in BB storm 2 9550

harshsparikh wrote:

So what shall I do now where should i go because I have already sended my phone to US because in India they aren't answering me anything thats'y why I had no option but to send my phone back from where I had bought!!

Well, since the procedure requires two devices (one that works on the carrier BIS network so as to extract the Service Books and the other onto which to place those Service Books) and you have sent your back to the US, then nothing in this thread is of use to you anymore.

harshsparikh wrote:

As my phone does not have any hope to get repaired so that I can use BIS in India,

is it possible for me to exchange my phone with any other Blackberry smartphone?

Probably Bold 9900/9930??

Only the resellers of the devices can answer that question. You would be best off buying your BB from the very carrier that you intend to operate it on. That way, you are assured of full service and full support.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
harshsparikh
My Device: Blackberry Storm 2 9550

I bought it from ebay last year and that to on non warranty but the phone was on Verizon.

So I need to exchange it from Verizon itself or somewhere else in US??

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Typically, only the original buyer (from the carrier) has any rights to return or exchange. Via eBay purchases, there typically is no warranty, no support, no service -- typically you are on your own. I doubt that VZW will be willing to work with you since you are not the original owner. My best advice is that you seek refund from the eBay seller and the procure one locally from your local wireless service provider.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
harshsparikh

Thanks for the support so far!!!

Can you jus predict what could be the problem be in my phone so from next time onwards whenever I am buying any cellphone from anywhere in the world I would keep this things in my mind and then only buy it??

For your simplicity I performed following functions in my phone:-

1.I upgraded my phone twice and even downgraded once.

2.I performed Blackberry wipe twice in my phone.

3.Even I logged in my Blackberry Account of my device with my Pin (which is required to download apps from Blackberry App World) in other Blackberry Smartphone(Curve 8520).

From above reasons or any other can you just predict what could be the problem be on my device for which I am not able to use Blackberry Internet Service?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

As I've been telling you, there is no problem with your device itself. Rather, it's the fact that the specific device model is not directly supported by the wireless service provider you are attempting to use it on. When such is the case, it can be very challenging to get a BB to fully function on that network. Having the correct Service Books on the BB is required for the services to function...the carrier will not push those Service Books out to BB models that they do not directly support. Hence, the BB won't fully function since it cannot receive the Service Books.

Note that this challenge is indeed unique to BB's. Other "cellphones" don't normally have such challenges since they use completely different methods to provide services to those users.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
harshsparikh

But Vodafone India people told me that my device is fully compatible for all Blackberry Services!!!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

[ Edited ]

harshsparikh wrote:

But Vodafone India people told me that my device is fully compatible for all Blackberry Services!!!

And they also told you a bunch of other things that you chose to not believe, so why should you believe them this time?

Nevertheless, since you sent it back, what does that matter anymore?

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
harshsparikh

yeah that is also there!!!

Can we get Smartphones directly from Blackberry means not on a cantract or anything else from service provider?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Nope...RIM does not sell direct to consumers. The carriers and authorized resellers are the only channel for purchasing legitimate BBs. Any other channel (including thing like eBay) result in not having warranty (as you have already experienced).

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
harshsparikh

ok..............

In India most of the Blackberry Retailers tell that there are always data issues with the Blackberry smartphones sold by/from Verizon and Sprint.Is it so?

Offcourse people wouldn't be experiencing such problems in US but outside US??

Please use plain text.