If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Regular Contributor
PC-ASSIST
My Device: Storm - 9530

Re: Tutorial: How to upgrade your Storm to OS 4.7.0.151!

Now I am really getting nervous...the two icons are on screen and nothing is happening whatsoever.

I unplugged the Storm and accepted the license agreement.

Then replugged it back in and the loader will still not recognize the phone.

So I cancelled it and it said to reload the data with the DM...and that is more frozen than salami lost in a freezer.

horsebiz
My Device: Not Specified

I sent you a PM on where to find the solution
Please use plain text.
rdm
Contributor
rdm
My Device: 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

I have followed your steps several times, says no new update
Please use plain text.
rdm
Contributor
rdm

Ensure that you remove any previous OS installation files from your machine. How do you do this?
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

rdm wrote:
Ensure that you remove any previous OS installation files from your machine. How do you do this?

While this isn't necessary, it is highly recommended.  You can do this by going to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP) or Programs & Features (Windows Vista) and then uninstall all of the BlackBerry Device Software. 

You can then install .151 on your computer and either complete the install via the Desktop Manager (should work, but some people have had problems) or via the Loader.exe file located in the same folder as the Vendor.xml file that you need to delete (in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader).  Note that the Loader.exe file is preferable for this process and it will load the most recent OS on your computer.

This isn't hard to do, but you should only do this after you've checked out how to fix a bricked/nuked BlackBerry so that you know how to get things back up and running in the event that something does go wrong.  A quick online search on the subject will bring up several articles on how to do this.

If you need further assistance, let us know.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
rdm
Contributor
rdm

Ok It worked. Don't try to use Perfect storm theme. Locks it up tighter than a bank!!!!!
Please use plain text.
rdm
Contributor
rdm

New problem. Since installing 151 os, my BDM keeps trying to install 4.7 core something. It never finishes it, & always messes up the device. A battery pull will fix it. Any ideas?
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Delete any installed device OSes from your computer using the Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs (or Programs & Features in Vista).  This removes the files that it is trying to get the update from.

Otherwise, you can just cancel the update and not do the update.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
quack

thanks for the tutorial . . .

Ensure that you remove any previous OS installation files from your machine (thanks to CrackBurglar for reminding me of this!)

could u expand upon this?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
quack

'blackberry device software v4.7.0 for the blackberry 9530 smartfone           92.43mb'

delete this in add/remove?

Please use plain text.