Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
Se7en7Nights
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

Unable to Send SMS

Hello Everyone!

Helpful Info:

BB is v5.0.0.328

I live in Naples, Italy and my "Service Provider" is Vodafone.

I believe the original carrier is Verizon, because I see their ugly logo everytime I turn on the phone.

Here's the story

I bought a "used" Blackberry Storm 9530 off of someone for $100. The phone wasn't unlocked, so I went ahead and got it unlocked. Now that I have my vodafone SIM in there, I am able to call my friends, receive calls, and receive texts. However when I send texts they are never received by my friends even though they show a check.

Before I upgraded to v5.0, I would get a red x next to the message as soon as I tried to click send, and next to the persons name/number it would say "unidentified subscriber".

I tried calling Verizon Customer Service, but they said as soon as I had unlocked the phone they have nothing to do with it anymore.

Can anyone help me out here?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Euclidics
My Device: None
My Carrier: None

Re: Unable to Send SMS

Hello Se7en7Nights,

Verizon is corerct once you unlocked the phone and put a different subscribers SIM in it there is nothing they can do for you in terms of service.

However, It sounds like your message center number is incorrect. In order to find this number you must call in to vodafone, simply ask them what your message center number is and put it into your phone.

In order to change the message center you must:

1. Dial ##000000 and goto the services settings screen.
2. in the First line enter your phone number.
3. Under the IMSI_S entry, enter the Message Center number.
4. Press menu and click save.

Once you've done that pull the battery while the phone is turned on and your issue should be resolved.

Hope this helps,

Euclidics

If this or any posts in this thread were helpful please Kudos the author.
If this or any posts in this thread were the solution to the topic, please accept the post as the solution so others can view it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Se7en7Nights

[ Edited ]

I have their "service center" number, if that is the same thing? If I looked under SMS settings before I upgraded to 4.0 it would ask me for that number.

Should I add the +39 to their number or just type it as is?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Se7en7Nights

Just following up on what was suggested.

I went to the vodafone place and they gave me their #'s  to put in my phone. None of them worked so I'm just assuming this phone is trash because my friends works just fine, and yes I compared settings/

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Euclidics
My Device: None
My Carrier: None

Hey,

Yea in that case if you have a friend with the same model on your carrier and you've compared settings. My last resort would be to call the service provider make sure they have everything setup and provisioned correctly. Saying that however, if it is only receiving and not sending that's probably not the case.

My next step would be to Backup and Restore / software reload.

Sorry,
Euclidics

If this or any posts in this thread were helpful please Kudos the author.
If this or any posts in this thread were the solution to the topic, please accept the post as the solution so others can view it.
Please use plain text.