Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
jim_k
My Device: Not Specified

Unable to get email or access internet

Every other day or so, I stop receiving email, SMS and can't access the internet. The data service is turned on and I have a good signal (EV or 1XEV). All other aspects of the storm including telephone work when this happens and only a battery pull reset corrects the issue. I ran the diagnostics found under the data connection manager and have a message which says: Radio Data Activation: No

It looks like the data radio is working but the apps lost their connection to it. Turning the data connection off and back on does not resolve the issue but looks like it works based upon the signal indicator. I'm running OS .75 on Verizon.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this or resolve it when it happens without a batter pull reset?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
rredfox
My Device: Storm

Re: Unable to get email or access internet

I had something similar happen a couple of days ago (running .85).   Our IT guy advised me to just turn the phone off and back on (using the "power off" icon and the "full power off" option, then back on.  It re-registered with the network and worked fine after that.

You might also try re-registering using the "*228 - send" option, just select option 1 to program you phone.   The other option is to use "*22899 - send".  (the Verizon Customer Care folks never tell you about this one)...

If you've found this or any other member's post helpful, please click on the "Kudos" button in the post you found useful.

Please use plain text.