01-29-2009 07:09 AM
When i press my "Call Log" button the area of the screen that should list the call log remains blank (white).To reveal each entry i have to touch the screen at each location. I also have to touch the buttons (scroll up/ down etc) at the bottom to reaveal them. I then get the message
Uncaught Exception net.rim.device.api.system.objectgroupreadonlyexcep
Any ideas anyone?
01-29-2009 07:29 PM
02-20-2009 05:15 PM
02-20-2009 05:23 PM
I have had some feedback on this from the vodafone support forums. Try removing the battery while the phone is switched on, then wait a couple of minutes before replacing it. This worked for me temporarily although the problem reappears within a day. Vodafone suggest sending the phone back for a repair.
Hope this helps
02-20-2009 05:27 PM
This is what I have found to work on the 8900. My user only uses a Bluetooth headset and this model has all kinds of extras added that didn't exist before so, I started my fix based on that info. Go into the Bluetooth Options and change the following settings:
Discoverable: No (should only be Yes while doing the initial pairing)
Allow Outgoing Calls: Always
Contacts Transfer: Disabled
Security Level: High
Connect on Power Up: Yes
Then uncheck everything except Headset and Handsfree.
The error hasn't showed up since.
03-02-2009 05:52 AM
I am having the same problem on a BlackBerry Storm 9500 (Vodafone UK). The error can happen any time, but mostly when a) pressing the back button to come out of messages, or b) when accessing the phone - my default view is call log.
I have just checked my Bluetooth settings, and have adjusted the settings as suggested. Already noticed that certain screen changes appear much smoother.
Hopefully RIM can get on to this problem and resolve in an update very soon.
03-04-2009 11:26 AM
Update: I have just had this exception appear again. This time the steps involved were:
1. Noticed a number in my call history was not showing the contact name.
2. Opened Outlook (2007) contact and corrected phone number, and saved.
3. Noticed on BlackBerry, call history screen now not showing full list - white space for all but latest entry (not same contact) and when touched screen the error appeared straight away.
4. Hard reset (removed battery)
5. Went to view call history - error appears immediately once again.
6. Have just reset again to see if it will clear.
NOTE: This is really inconvenient (usually happens when I need to make a call, and I am left waiting for 4-5 mins for my phone to re-start) and I for one would really appreciate it if RIM would at least comment on the cause, if not release a fix asap.
03-04-2009 12:35 PM
03-06-2009 08:43 AM - edited 03-06-2009 08:44 AM
cmarquis - have you had the problem reoccur since you completely reloaded?
I am convinced that the problem is related to the Contacts (when displaying contact names etc in the call log) and that there may be a specific contact which is causing the problem - I just haven't worked out which one yet.
To note (for RIM if you are reading this - you're very quiet...) :
- I DO use images on a couple of the contacts.
- I have 1,092 contacts in my personal contacts folder (synchronised via BES). Only about 5 of these have contact photos, but some are the ones which are regularly in the call log.
All - if you find a solution to this problem, please don't keep it to yourself - come back and post about it!