Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Unlock Verizon

Ibiza_Rocks wrote:
Ok so i have a bb storm 9530. when i go to options / advanced / sim i see the following: on top it reads - SIM Card: Security Disabled. And then below i see an ID: with a long string of numbers. is my storm already unlocked? boy i sure hope so cuz Ibiza here I come

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

See this FAQ for helpful information:

The screen you are looking at is not the screen that will tell you if it's locked or unlocked.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ibiza_Rocks
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: VZW

i called verizon and they refuse to help me unlock my phone. I know what the mep number is as i got it from the OS Engineering Screen. Does anyone know of free software I can get to just unlock the **bleep** thing myself. 

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

did they tell you why they refused to unlock your phone?
tell them you go abroad and cannot afford their roaming data plan.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You can also do some further research into unlocking services:

Outside of your carrier, "free" will be hard to come by...these folks have to earn a living as well.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
JoshNelson
My Device: Not Specified

if verizon won't give you a code, you can always buy one. here is probably one of the cheapest and fastest unlock sites out there: http://unlockcellphonecode.com/code-for-unlocking-verizon-blackberry-mobile-cell-phone
Please use plain text.
BuzzKill9
My Device: storm 2
My Carrier: verizon

im stationed in germany (army) been here for two years. i had gotten my storm 2 before i came here but i am no longer using verizon will they still unlock my storm 2?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

BuzzKill9 wrote:
im stationed in germany (army) been here for two years. i had gotten my storm 2 before i came here but i am no longer using verizon will they still unlock my storm 2?

Hi and Welcome to the Community (and thank you for your Service!)!

Probably not, but only they (VZW) can answer the question. Typically, some carriers will provide the code to existing customers in good standing for some period of time. Outside of that, it becomes pretty much discretionary. But, again, only they can answer the question for sure...

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.