Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Upgrade - Ugh!

I have had more problems since I have upgraded. Every time I turn on the phone the set up wizard comes on. I have had to re-enter much of my data into programs such as VZ Navigator, Date, Time, info on some of the apps. It has stopped receiving emails several times now. I have to take out the battery and put it back in again for it to work - and then it stops. I am ready to throw this out the window! And, yes the battery is draining faster than ever before!
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Upgrade - Ugh!

do you use a media card ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

Yes I have a media card.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

some people that have a media card have experienced many freezing after upgrading the OS.
The explanation is that the index file should be killed.

to know it that's your issue, remove the media card and see if the problems persist.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:

Contributor

Resend your service books...this may solve your email problems:

Setup > Email Settings > Menu > Service Books > Send Service Books

Contributor

I contacted verizon. I had to re-activate my phone. Supposidly this has to happen everytime there is an update. I have not read this anywhere. They also said that once a monh I should call *228 and select option 2 - but I cannot remember why.

Don't know if these things will solve it -I guess a few days will tell. Thanks to all who responded.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2267), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

cath27 wrote:

I contacted verizon. I had to re-activate my phone. Supposidly this has to happen everytime there is an update. I have not read this anywhere. They also said that once a monh I should call *228 and select option 2 - but I cannot remember why.

Don't know if these things will solve it -I guess a few days will tell. Thanks to all who responded.

VZW is constantly building out their network of towers. However, each HH maintains a list of towers that can be used. *228 option 2 updates the list ("Roaming Profile") in your HH of the available towers (it may also help for roaming off of VZW, but I've heard no confirmation of that). They have not automated the update process to the HH's, so doing *228 option 2 is a regular need. I do it once a month plus anytime I go to a new area.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

i don't know if this is the same thing, but c that there is a new upgrade for the BB strom and i trird to upgrade it, and it said that i had to free up memory and i deleted something, then i try to upgrade it once again but this time it said i needed to free up even more memory.and i have lots of memory in my phone, and it stll wont work...what should i do??? if this new upfrade good any way?

thanks 

Contributor

I also had trouble updating originally. I had to connect to a PC. It would not let me update directly to the phone. BTW, my phone is still having problems.