Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
KBlack2595
Accepted Solution

Using the storm with ATT or tmobile

I was wording If any one has unlocked the phone and Ben seeing it with providers other than Verizon If so how do u like it Also I think I know this any but on GSM towers it only has up EDGE service no 3g service? Also how did u get it unlocked through Verizon? If so do they charge a fee or what are there term on getting it unlocked?
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,755
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Using the storm with ATT or tmobile

You can't use the 9530 Storm on ATT and Tmo inn the US. Unlocking won't do it.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
animal01232

This guy is wrong. I have unlocked the storm and I'm using it on ATT and it's great. If you call Verizon and tell them your going abroad but want to use a local SIM to avoid roaming charges they will unlock the phone. The only issue I have is that the browser hasn't configured but everything else works fine. If anyone knows how to get the phone to accept the browser config from the service books please let me know.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,755
My Carrier: Verizon

animal01232 wrote:
This guy is wrong. I have unlocked the storm and I'm using it on ATT and it's great. If you call Verizon and tell them your going abroad but want to use a local SIM to avoid roaming charges they will unlock the phone. The only issue I have is that the browser hasn't configured but everything else works fine. If anyone knows how to get the phone to accept the browser config from the service books please let me know.

ok, so it isn't working completely?

And you have an ATT SIM in it, you're getting your push email, also?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
animal01232

correct, i have email coming through and all functions work except web browsing and the setting for the browser are incorrect. I'mstill working on that....
Please use plain text.
Contributor
robvaccaro4

can you tell me how you set up the phone to work with att ? we can't add the email nor the browser icon on the phone, att says they can't do anything because is not their phone :smileyindifferent:
Please use plain text.
Developer
maskau

You might have to change you TCP/IP settings.

APN:wap.cingular

APN Authenication: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM

Password:CINGULAR1

The only issue I'm having with mine is that I can't do MMS messages, but I'm working on that.

"....A smart man will realize that he knows nothing and has everything to learn....."
Please use plain text.
Contributor
robvaccaro4

I did that but I don't notice anything different, I don't have the browser app, nor the map app on the main menu, and I don't know how I can set up the email, the email icons are on the main menu, but I don't receive emails,  what else did you do to get it to work ? when you started yours for the first time did the browser app displayed on the main menu ?

thank you!

Please use plain text.
Developer
maskau

[ Edited ]

When I got mine, everything was on the main screen, on both the 9530 I have and the 9500 I am currently using. One thing you could try is creating a BIS account if you don't have one already set up. Fromt here you can resend the service books and that may help with some of your issues. Another thing you could possibly try is in Options>>Advanced Options go to the host routing table, click on the BB key and select Register Now, that may push some of the info down to your BB as well.

I take that back, on the 9530 I uninstalled VZ navigator, then from the BB site I reinstalled the BB Maps application. On my 9500 it was already there. Sorry for the confusion.

Message Edited by maskau on 01-31-2009 05:33 PM
"....A smart man will realize that he knows nothing and has everything to learn....."
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
geoffreyf

For ATT MMS:

use MMS over HTTP (MMSC)

http://mmsc.cingular.com

Please use plain text.