Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
DJJayito
My Device: Blackberry Storm 2
My Carrier: Verizon

VCAST Rhapsody issues.

1. When I connect my phone to my computer and open the Rhapsody program, my phone isn't recognized.  I do a battery pull and restart and then it is.  WHY?

2. I am getting glitchy playback from my phone on songs that are subscription based but not songs that have been uploaded or purchased.  WHY?

3. On some of my playlists, all the songs are listed, but only SOME of those songs are getting played.  WHY?

Please help.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
KingCobra
My Device: Storm 9530, Verizon, 5.0.0.419

Re: VCAST Rhapsody issues.

Do you enable Mass Storage Mode on phone when you connect it to computer? What is the OS on your Storm? Maybe VCast Rhapsody  is not compatible with the OS you have now, you have to redo the permissions thing again.:smileywink:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DJJayito
My Device: Blackberry Storm 2
My Carrier: Verizon

I'm not sure about the exactly solution, yet, but it seems to wanna work whenever I do a battery pull, which will now be a "QUICKPULL."  It doesn't really answer the question why, though.  I did try the mass storage mode option, but had to battery pull anyway, so I'm not sure what helped.  I will keep you posted.

Please use plain text.
ebeattie
My Device: 9300 Curve
My Carrier: ATT

We have two differnet types of Blackberries and had the same issue so I feel your pain.  First turn your MTP OFF.  This is in a different location on each phone but just search for your memory options under options.  Mine is simply a check box that you uncheck.  Next, if you have Blackberry software installed on your computer, change the settings so that it does NOT start automatically when you connect your phone.  You do not want the software on at all while trying to connect to Rhapsody.  Thirdly, when you do connect your phone to your computer through your USB, choose the sync-only setting, not the charge setting or USB settings.  Then Rhapsody should recognize your phone and you should see it pop up on your Rhapsody screen, usually under Rhapsody Music Guide, My Library....Lots of steps with trial and error but this is what it took to get it to work.  Good Luck

Please use plain text.